Album linked to wrong artist

Highlighted

Album linked to wrong artist

Casual Listener

The album A Different World isn't from the metal band Kamelot but from Famous Dirtbag Da Prynce of Kamelot and all the songs from that album seem to have "Kamelot - " in their title which isn't the case currently.

Spotify_2018-03-03_08-15-51.png

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Album linked to wrong artist

Composer

Contact the Artist Support. I did and they had fixed my albums in 2 days.

Filip

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm not an artist, just a random user, not sure they'll even ear me out on this 🙂

Highlighted

Composer

I am sure they will if you point them to the right discography of both artists that would be a proof of the correct assignment of albums. 🙂

Filip

Highlighted

Gig Goer

Happens too often UFO etc has wrong tracks linked to it.

Suggest Spotify use genre as well as artist. 

Highlighted

Same for a band called 'Bombay', lately these albums from some russian artist have been showing up on their spotify page which are definitely place wrong.

Highlighted

Music Fan

This is such a big issue. And non of the Spotify employees really heard me out on this. 
Artists that got their "identity stolen" that I remember from the top of my head without even looking on Spotify again. 
- Racer X
- Slash
- UFO

-JET (yes the ones with are you gonna be my girl. I get a russian artist with the same name and incredibly shitty once in a while on my release radar)
- Clueso

there are countless others I encountered by coincidence, but the most I find are on my release radar. Like every week there is a song on my release radar that is not supposed to be there. It is so annoying. Here is a scumbag that used the famous German Artist Clueso this week for example:

https://open.spotify.com/track/41niaEW79ty5qNu2zhgsqK?si=wsvSe_ztQq6yUbvdjabIVg

pretty famous scheme on spotify in the meantime. I don't even want to know how many cheating artists get income they don't deserve from plays from users that really didn't want to listen to in the first place. 

SUGGESTED POSTS