Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album not availiable?

Solved!

Album not availiable?

Screenshot_2016-05-07-06-45-33.png

When you go onto BTS's page their new album doesn't show up immeadiately, but it is under new releases. For some reason all of the tracks appear to be unavailable. I find that odd because itunes is selling the album in the U.S.?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@rapmoaned

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label, so the reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Marked as solution

@rapmoaned

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label, so the reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Hopefully it will come back later.

osorniosSpotify Star

That's exactly what I came on here to do. Last week I had to report that there was a wrong album on BTS' page and now the album doesn't have the right music 

@XtraBlue

Did you reported it to customer support?

You should contact them through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

In there you'll find 'I want to report a broken song or wrong song information'.

osorniosSpotify Star

How did you find "new releases"?

Also this is the same problem for GOT7 music! You can find the songs but they aren't available. Seriously, JYP, BigHit, if you want your groups to keep their international popularity, do the little things like MAKING ALBUMS AVAILABLE

"New Releases" are under the BROWSE tab of Spotify.

Yeah, I'm currently following them now so that I can get notified if Spotify updates their page. I was a little annoyed that they hadn't corrected BTS's new album and hadn't added music to GOT7's page, but they somehow had EXO's new album? I'm just happy that they've updated some of the artists' pages such as K.Will, Crush, SEVENTEEN, Eddy Kim, MONSTA X, etc.

JYP does have a lot of artists who have had their pages on Spotify updated, I think GOT7 just hasn't been included in this update. I think they might even have JYP's own music on Spotify.

@osornios

Thanks for the information!

I hadn't reported the album, I'd only reported the album that wasn't supposed to be on their page. Now that I know this information, I'll go back and report that they have the wrong songs on the album.

It isn't Spotify that updates the albums 😕

It was sort of Spotify's fault that the weird techno music found it's way on their page (an existing artist named BTS posted it)

But, it's JYP's decision to not make their songs available international.

SM was quick to put their new album on Spotify.

BTS's page and wrong album was corrected 🙂

@rapmoaned

What a coincidence!

I just went back and looked for the album under new releases and was about to update my comment and say that the songs weren't available.

@aclane

Okay, not everyone knows that bit of information. Thanks for enlightening us.  :V

JYP has a few artists who are on Spotify (e.g. 4minute, K.Will, BEAST, San E) that have up-to-date music on their page...  So I'm confused as to why he would pick and choose.

It probably depends on which groups are most popular. If you're really popular, you already know you're going to make a lot of money from album sales, you aren't losing a lot of money by making it free for a small audience.

Also, the slightly bitter comment sounds like it belongs in the comment sections on YouTube, not in the Spotify Community 🙂

Bts' songs Fire, Save me, and Young forever are not on Spotify (from the album the Most Beautiful Moment in Life).
( In the U.S.)

Nvm

Slightly bitter comment? :0 I wasn't being bitter. Although it did feel as if you thought we should already know this (when you put this ":/").

Anyways, thanks for enlightening me. ~(^o^)~

Why? Will they ever be?

I can't even find the song Fire by them I love that song and I can't find it. Same with GOT7 it says not available 

BTS signed an exclusive contract with Apple for their last album, Most Beautiful Moment in Life - Epilogue - Young Forever.  So all the new songs from the album aren't available on spotify in the US.  Most of the songs are from the previous two albums so they are still available.  GOT7 and TWICE (and I assume the other JYP artists) are region locked.  JYP is notorious for being super strict about region locking - its hard to find some of their stuff on youtube even.

Actually, the song is available. But it's weird. I found it through a web browser, then opened it on my spotify app (but this has to be all done on desktop). Then, I added it to my list of songs. BUT when I open my mobile Spotify app and play my songs, "Fire" has disappeared. I go back and listen to it on my desktop, and it's there. Super weird. Also, the song seems to be visible once you go premium. 

TL;DR- go premium, google "bts fire spotify", open it on browser, open it on spotify desktop, add onto your songs, listen on desktop/comp- not on mobile. 

FIX IT PLEASE SPOTIFY TEAM

Bts save me nor fire is on the album young forever why this makes me very sad

those aren't jyp artists?????

Suggested posts