Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist Pictures

Artist Pictures

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Could you please explain who is responsible for the artist’s pictures? I presume the artist has some say in this, which is how it should be. 
Is there a policy of what type of picture is used? A lot are in black and white, and some don’t seem to be correctly positioned within the frame.

Also there are a lot of pictures missing. Two examples of this are Atomic Kitten and The Seekers. I say they are missing, at least they are not showing in full screen mode in the Windows Desktop app. As this has been recently changed to show artist pictures and not the album art, I think this should be looked into as a matter of urgency. 
Spotify is an extremely good platform, and does most things very well, but do not stop making it better and PLEASE listen to your users, and let’s work together to make Spotify the best app of its kind on the market 

1 Reply

Hey @Rigsby1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In terms of who is in charge of choosing the artist images, that is up to the artist or whoever manages the artist profile. Spotify has guidelines for artist images here.

If you see something that isn't right, you can always report content following these steps.

You mentioned that some of the artist images aren't showing - can you send me a link to the artist's profile that you are referring to? That way I can take a closer look on my end and see if it's a technical issue or not. You can share links with me following these steps.

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts