Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Autoplay issue in Spotify

Autoplay issue in Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

India

My Question or Issue

Hello, I rejoined Spotify premium after a few months because of YouTube Music's metadata problem. The one thing I can not tolerate is Spotify's autoplay. No matter how many times I remove a track/song from autoplay, it appears again in the queue when I play some other songs/tracks later. This happens in general, not a platform specific issue. Every audio streaming service I used didn't have this issue, other streaming services always prevent the songs/tracks (that I dislike or remove from autoplay) from adding into autoplay queue in future. Please look into this matter, thank you.

7 Replies

Hey @ArpanDas,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to check if the same thing happens on another device.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You do realize I have specifically mentioned it's not a platform specific issue, so changing device/uninstalling/reinstalling does not matter, it's always the same. The problem occurs in general regardless of devices or any platform.

Hey @ArpanDas

Thanks for your reply. 

We understand where you're coming from. However, we suggest these steps because they can be very helpful in most cases. 

Not to worry. Could you send over some screenshots or a video where we can take a closer look at this behavior? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Photos or Insert Video options in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks for the response, I've uploaded a screen recording to YouTube for your reference.
https://youtu.be/5m6n1JqzdSg
you can see in the video the song "Shukran Allah" from album "kurbaan " appeared twice(when starting a different autoplay) after removing from autoplay. Please look into this matter. Thank you.

Hey @ArpanDas,

Thanks for the video.

Since the Hide song function is not synced across devices, you might see a song which you've hidden in a recommendation playlists or a playlist radio, if you have the app active on multiple devices.

The best workaround to this is to block the artist of the song. You can go to their artist profile > 3-dot menu > Don't play this. This should block all content from that artist on all your devices. Note that if a song is featuring that artists it might still be played.

Recommendations are generated based on your listening habits + what is most popular with users in your region who listen to the same type of music, and this is most likely why you're seeing the same song over and over again.

What you could do is try to create a new account, use that for a few days and see if the same issue happens there as well.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for your time, I understood spotify simply doesn't have a good autoplay system. I'll try other streaming services.

Hi @ArpanDas

Thanks for your reply.

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. However, we really appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to the right teams, as we always strive to improve our app experience. 

If you'd like the Hide song function to sync across all devices, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts