Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't remove songs and artists from daily mix

Can't remove songs and artists from daily mix

Hello! Can't remove songs and artists from daily mix, usually there is a block button next to the heart button, where you can block the song or the artist from your daily mix, and now its gone. I hate it because now my daily mix is full of artists and songs that I don't like. I have already tried to reinstall Spotify and restart my pc (the issue exists on android phone too). Does anyone have a solution?

Screenshot_3.png
7 Replies

Hi @gronamjolken,

This is intended behaviour of Daily Mix. 
The Daily Mixes have been limited to 50 songs each and the dislike button has been removed. 

If you want to see that feature back, make sure to add your +VOTE on this idea.  

I'm incredibly annoyed since it's always the same with you. You introduce a new feature for later removal for no apparent reason. I've never seen another company make updates that actively delete product features rather than improve them. The same thing happened with the chat, which allowed users to share tunes, and other things I can't recall. If this trend continues, I honestly don't see a future for Spotify.

Hello @xpcdgr

I understand your frustration. I'd like to see the don't play this button back as well. 

I'd recommend adding your +VOTE on this idea to bring it back on Daily Mix playlist. 

Here's an additional idea requesting to add the don't play this button to all sections. 

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here. As a heads up, the more votes an idea gains, the bigger the possibility Spotify will implement it. If you have any feedback, I'd recommend leaving it in the idea's comment as well. 

If you want to read the statement regarding inbox messaging, you can do that here

Have a great day! 

Hi, agree with other users.  By taking out this feature I have a Daily Mix or a couple of them that I cannot even listen to.  I recently listened to a meditation, and now the meditation is mixed with my music.  Before I was able to remove artist or song and that was it.  Now I have to go to a voting system so that an useful feature gets added again. 

Next thing I know you will start pushing artists that Spotify is featuring even if they are not my choice of music.  Please don't become that company...

Edit:  BTW do Spotify employees respond to these forums or is it only customers responding to customers?

Hey there!

Your daily mix is a playlist generated by Spotify.

The playlist creator is Spotify. This means that you cannot edit that playlist. It is generated by Spotify's AI. The issue you are talking about will go on any device, as it is your account. Emilia_8  had a great answer. I am just expanding on their answer. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Axi.

I keep getting trash songs in some of my daily mixes, that has a really low production quality and short duration. To me it appears clear that these are made to abuse the spotify algorithm. They also have a really low popularity on spotify itself. And the genre of the songs is different from the rest of the songs in the daily mix.

I understand you are trying to add some randomness to the "Spotify AI" but by dear god please let us tell you when it serves us absolute trash. Thank you. For months now the same shitty songs have been showing up in my playlists. 

For some reason, users are unable to remove songs from daily mixes. As far as I can tell this is by design, and not a bug. 
I DO NOT want to listen to russian music. And I don't understand why is it recommended to Ukrainian users in the first place. Never listened to any russian music so it's a mystery how it got there. 
But even after that, I can't remove it. Spotify doesn't allow me to listen mixes and not pay to russian artists (whose taxes go to the terrorist state budget).  
This feature is available on mobile, but for some reason not on pc.
You ignored this issue couple of times now.
Is it so hard to implement existing feature to pc or you just do not care?

UPD:  this message was the separate question, but was merged to this thread. So support have time to merge my question, but not to give a proper answer, right? 

Suggested posts