Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot delete Blend playlist

Cannot delete Blend playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

Hello, I created a Blend playlist and want to delete it, but everytime I click on the "Leave Blend" button, the app gives me some unspecific error message (something like "Something went wrong. Try again." in my phone's language) and nothing happens. My friend, who is also in the Blend playlist, is having the same problem. Is there any way to fix this or otherwise the playlist for both of us?

16 Replies

Same here

Hey @Mrger and @Oceano92 !

Thanks for posting in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you both are experiencing this issue. Can you please try logging out from your accounts, restarting your devices, and logging back in?

If the issue persists, please consider using a different connection/device.

In case those steps don't do the trick, please share the following details:

• The device you're using
  • The version of the Spotify App installed
  • The operating system running on your device

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the reply! I tried logging out and restarting, but I'm still getting the same issue. And I don't have another device to try it out on either (since apparently you can't do Blend playlists on PC?).

Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)

Spotify version: 8.6.74.1176

Hi @Mrger,

Thank you for your reply!

Since you don't have another device to test this, please run a clean reinstall of the app. This will help you get rid of any leftover files that may be causing trouble.

And even though you can't create Blends from the desktop app, you still can leave them.

If the reinstall doesn't do the trick, can you confirm if you tried to connect to a different internet/mobile network to check if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm having this issue as well. 

The clean uninstall sounds like a lot of work.

How do I leave a blend in the desktop app?

I can't see an option to do this 

thanks

Heyy @Sarahdeg,

Thanks for joining the thread!
Blend stays under Made for you, for whenever you want to listen to it again. Leaving it should be possible via a right click.

If you're the creator, you can leave the playlist and/or delete it. This will make it unavailable both for you and the person who has joined 🙂

Hope this cleared things up a bit.
Let us know if further questions arise.
Cheers!

VasilModerator

hello! i've been facing the same issue as well, i am unable to leave a blend. the blend is between me and an artist (if that helps make things any clearer). when i try to leave it on my phone, it says "something went wrong. please try again." while there is no such option to leave the blend on desktop app/web. what solution do you propose for this problem?

Hey there @sh1za,

Thanks for the post.

This is a known issue and the right folks at Spotify are working on finding out what might be causing this and fixing it.

We don't have info on exactly when this will be fixed yet, so we recommend keeping your app up to date.

We'll post there as soon as we have more news.

AlexModerator

how can I leave which is not made by me.Even though i didnt like the playlist ,when I m trying to LEAVE THE BLEND,something error try again.I did every thing  that said above.(I m talking about Blend which  is made by artist for fans ) 

Hey @Raveena30,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share the brand/model and operating system of your device and the exact Spotify version you're using? Have you tried reproducing the issue with a different account on your device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

my phone:Samsung Galaxy Note 9(SM-N960F/DS 128GB)

(android)

yup,I tried in tablet .

Hey @Raveena30,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We've tried to replicate the issue on our end from an Android device as well, but it works fine when leaving a Blend. Keep in mind that you have to go to Search > Made for You > open the blend you want to leave > hit the 3-dot menu > select Leave blend

In case you still have the issue, would you mind trying (if possible) on a PC. If it's a friend's or family member's PC, make sure you're logged in with your own account. After this, open the blend you want to delete on the left panel, click on the 3-dot menu and select the option "Remove from my library".

In case you don't have this options, include in your next response a screenshot where we can see the missing option to continue investigating. Also, it would be great if you could add the specific Android version you have on your phone, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hello, I can't leave blends on my Android phone even after a clean reinstall. Also, I don't see these blends on my profile or made for you pages. I randomly saw one of them on one of my mutual's profile set as public. These are not friend blends, but artist blends (diplo, blackpink etc.) I don't mind having blends in my profile but I don't like them on other people's profiles using my private library without my permission.

Hey @pb27

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know where you're exactly seeing your artist blend playlist? Would you mind sending us some screenshots so we can take a closer look? You can attach them to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

On another note, have you tried leaving the blend playlists by following the steps here

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I see diplo + my username playlist on one of my mutual's profile page, on public playlists section. I haven't seen it previously on my account. I have tried like-unlike and leaving blend on desktop and on my Android phone, it didn't work.

image_2022-12-23_001813023.png

Hey @pb27,

Artist Blends are strictly personalized. This means that each user has only access to their own version of that Blend.
In other words, if I try to open your mutual's profile page, I would see how my own Blend with Diplo would look like, even though what they've added to their profile page is in all actuality their own personal Blend 🙂

Hope this helps & happy holidays!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts