Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Def Leppard

Solved!

Def Leppard

Hi! Why has Def Leppard Been removed from Spotify?! Its only one live album left?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They don't own their original masters.  Universal Music does, and they can't come to an agreement on the digital rights.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppard-singer-slams-former-record-label-over-digital-rights-to...

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hi, thought this might answer your question

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2012/07/def-leppard-forgeries-covers.html

Hope it helps,

Joe

OK, FINALLY WE GOT AC/DC ON SPOTIFY AND IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING! NOW, IF WE CAN GET SOME DEF LEPPARD ON HERE IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

@artful_dodger59

Hello:

I KNOW YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT AC/DC. Please don't shout, quiet please, you are ruining my listening experience. 🙂

Why not enough " Def Leppard " on Spotify , it`s a disgrace. Care to explain ?

I want Def Leppard original songs! Is not the same the new one's! 

Marked as solution

They don't own their original masters.  Universal Music does, and they can't come to an agreement on the digital rights.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppard-singer-slams-former-record-label-over-digital-rights-to...

If that statement is true then explain why Def Leppard is on every other music service ie. Pandora, Milk etc..Ive checked and they have classics too like Pyromania.

Those songs on Pandora are not the originals.  They are re-recordings or live versions.

Ikr. I'm dying to listen to Photograph on here. Instead of live and re-recorded versions or all song 👍

Google Music has the Def Leppard version of Helen Wheels which is really good.  Infact, the whole "The Art Of McCartney" is missing, but that's a different topic.  Google also has the "Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection".  Not what I'd call a collection of live recordings.  They're all the real tunes.

Well this sucks

They actually are the originals. In streaming "radio" mode there are no problems with Def Leppard's original work. The problem is down to the ondemand playing through services like Spotify or Apple Music.

Slacker, RadioTunes and others also play the originals in "radio" mode, but not ondemand.

Google Play Music has the originals available to play on-demand.

Hey I agree ,we need def leppard on spotify ! im a hug leppard fan here !👍👌

I agree!! The originals are the best. I really hope they can come to an agreement with universal soon because I am getting tired of waiting for their entire discography to be available here on spotify.

I actually uploaded the originals from a CD to Spotify and it worked.  Now when i click to play the originals to Spotify they won't play.  Does anyone know why?

The three studio re-recordings (of "Pour Some Sugar on Me," "Hysteria," and "Rock of Ages") have now been removed.  Since the only reason those re-recordings were created was to generate digital revenue on platforms like Spotify, I have to think that their removal must be a good omen for the long-delayed arrival of the original albums like Pyromania and Hysteria to the streaming platforms.  But I can't find any news about this.  The removal of versions from a streaming platform that were created specifically for use on streaming platforms is strange.  Does anyone know anything?

Hi there hope you are well , i noticed last night that slang deluxe is also missing.

tyler savage posted this on his twitter feed last night. As a result of def leppards music

being added to spotify and other digital platforms the re-recordings will be taken down.

He then posted friday........

As of today, Def Leppard is now streaming!

Probably helps that they announced a 2018 US tour with Journey!

Ah, Hysteria, finally.

Suggested posts