Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Desktop][Playlists] Daily Drive customisation

[Desktop][Playlists] Daily Drive customisation

Hi there,

I love the daily drive but I would really like to be able to customise it a little. For example I would like to add in the Economist Daily briefing to be one of the playlist elements and maybe reduce the amount of music that is included. Could it be possible to have an option to add in podcasts to appear in your Daily Drive?

Thanks for your consideration,

Linsey

15 Replies

Here's an idea that I was going to submit. Is this what you are meaning?

I would like to have a "Daily Drive" (or Ride in my case), which is a blank version of it that I could, first name, then add slots for music and podcasts into. After that, I'd like to be able to manage those slots, for frequency of updating (songs and podcasts), for instance, as well as where the songs update from (Ex., certain playlists, artists, or genres).

This is for mobile, too.

Follow me

Hi folks! 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

@linseyn, we moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better. 

We can confirm that it's not possible adding specific podcasts to the Daily Drive playlist, since it's a curated one. Our editorial team is in charge of those playlists and we can't influence the content shown in there. 

However, as a workaround, you can try to make a copy of the content shown in your Daily Drive playlist and then manually add the podcast you'd like to see in there.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, Eni

That wouldn't do anything, because the content would stay the same, unless we changed it, daily. Look at my comment, for a better understanding of what we're looking for. We want a playlist that we can customize, with music and podcasts that is still automatically updated, by Spotify, like the current "Daily Drive" playlist is. I'm not even suggesting that we should get rid of the playlist.

I think linseyn and I would both agree on that and that giving us the option to create a playlist, like "Daily Drive", of our own is just what we're looking for.

Follow me

Hi there @MadmanOnWheels,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

There's currently this idea. We suggest that you head over to the idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to it for any updates regarding this 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, Jeremy

I've seen that idea, before; it's not even close to what I described. The way that y'all are running these ideas is "into the ground" as it suits whoever it is that's having certain ideas suppressed. I've seen ideas of my mine and others be closed, with the reason that a similar idea has been suggested, when it's either not the same or the idea that I was referred to is closed. What good does that do for us? We're getting the run around. I've been accused of not checking for already existing ideas for the same thing, when, in reality, I did check; I went down the list that was provided and should have shown anything similar. It's not my fault that they didn't show up. Someone needs to fix those results. When we submit ideas, they don't need to be dismissed as similar to other people's ideas, just because certain keywords are in both. Some of take the time to think and type out how an idea could work. We are the customers. Making a status change of "Case Closed" should not be done so quickly or easily. You should read or reread my comments (above) and the idea that you told me about. You should see how they aren't the same. I should be able to submit my idea, without it getting closed, and without being referred to that or even this idea. Mine is different than these.

Follow me

Hi again @MadmanOnWheels,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

As far we understand it's a very similar idea and we always let users repost their suggestions if they think we didn't catch all nuances of it in the first explanation. However, they need to make sure they are very clear with how it is different.

We're sorry if you feel like any of your suggestions were closed with an idea that didn't always cover the suggestion fully. We try to sift through all ideas as best we can and we're also reworking the process in general.

Have a great continued week!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jeremy, it's not a very similar idea. Using the word, "very" is telling me that you hadn't read through either of our ideas. The idea that you presented is summed up in this statement, "...we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.", which was the only things addressed in the idea. Mine addresses none of those things, and it addresses things that aren't in that idea. Read below.

I would like to have a "Daily Drive" (or Ride in my case), which is a blank version of it that I could, first name, then add slots for music and podcasts into. After that, I'd like to be able to manage those slots, for frequency of updating (songs and podcasts), for instance, as well as where the songs update from (Ex., certain playlists, artists, or genres).

It's a clear covering for Spotify trying to suppress our ideas, when you don't acknowledge how they are different, and even go as far as to state that they are even similar. We're customers. Stop denying our submissions, based on untruthful reasons, like not checking for existing ideas. Also, stop directing us to ideas that have been closed too long to be re-opened. That is clearly not helpful. Give us customer service, not the runaround.

Follow me

Hi @MadmanOnWheels,

Thanks for the reply.

In that case we'd recommend you submit your idea on our Ideas Exchange board, just be sure to highlight how yours is distinct from the existing one.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi both,

Sorry for the delay.

If I were to copy the daily drive, would I be able to always get the latest episode of every podcast? This is really what I'm trying to achieve, the music interludes aren't so important.

Thanks for the consideration!

Hey @linseyn,

Thanks for the reply.

What @Eni meant in her post was to create your own playlists from the Daily Drive. It won't be possible for the podcasts episodes on there to update automatically, since the playlist will only contain the songs and episodes you put in it manually.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, linseyn

What it seems that you're looking for is the playlist called, "New Episodes", which is all podcasts that you follow and listen to. Search for it, in your library. I just checked my "Daily Drive", and I noticed that it has different podcasts in it, from the ones that are in the other playlist that I mentioned. I also noticed that I wasn't following any of the podcasts in it, either. If you aren't following the podcasts in your "Daily Drive", you might follow them, to see if they'll show up in the "New Episodes" playlist. This might be how to get what you're looking for. Also, it will probably help, if you pin that podcast playlist.

Follow me

Please give Edit access to Daily Drives. I would love to add new podcasts, but can not find that functionality. If I do add more, I don't want to lose the ones I currently listen to. Being able to edit the number and frequency of podcasts to the list would allow for me to add a couple new ones, and if Edit access was granted, the functionality of picking when on the playlist the podcasts appear would be amazing- I would prefer to have extra news in the beginning of the playlist that eventually segues into just music, but my wife would love a consistent pace on hers, so we could both have our preferred.  Also included in the Edit function the ability to "lock" certain songs in place as well- a routine centered individual like myself would love to have a song that's always the last song of the playlist, so I know it's time to switch channels. Finally, adding an Approved Genre tool that collects the genres available on my Liked songs and allows them to individually be toggled off/on, as I seldom need "Nu Metal" to flow into "Ambient Jazz" while having my morning caffeine. Daily Drive is a great first iteration of a really useful product- it's often the only thing I put Spotify on for during the weekends- and adding Edit functionality would really drive engagement.

Is this a ChatGPT account that isn't understanding context and just trying to merge suggestions together? 🤨 

Its clear that Spotify don't care about the community's views in this area. Daily Drive is curated, supposedly to suit our personality. However despite skipping and reporting podcasts totally unsuitable to my Daily Drive, Spotify clearly don't care. Its clear considering customising functions have been requested now for years, and as a paying subscriber I'm now fed up. So this is my notice. Change by the end of March 2023 or I for one will VOTE with my wallet and move to another service.

Do they curate to **bleep** people off?

Suggested posts