Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Disappearing songs

Disappearing songs

Hello All -- I fully support Spotify's decision to stand by Joe Rogen and free speech principles, and I couldn't care less about Neil Young.  Rather, I'm annoyed I have lost some of my best music on Spotify in recent months due to artists "disappearing" from the platform.  Among my losses:

1- Bobby BeauSoleil -- X Rising -- this was the crown jewel of my Halloween playlist 

2- Link Wray, "Hillbilly Wolf"; Lee Kristofferson, "Night of the Werewolf"

3- Disco Obscurities like Jean-Pierre Massiera, "Dali Court"; Sharon Bailey, "Cosmic Dust"; Anna, "Systems Breaking Down"; Guy Called Gerald, "Voodoo Ray"; Skatt Brothers, "Walk the Night"

For me the great pleasure of Spotify is the relatively obscure to the totally obscure music that I am able to discover and then add to playlists.  I realize there's no money for Spotify in any single obscure artist.  But it's the loads of obscure artists that have brought me to the platform, and led me to finally ditch my record collection at age 50.

How do we correct this trend of great artists and songs disappearing from Spotify??? 

2 Replies

@DominiqueNuit wrote:

How do we correct this trend of great artists and songs disappearing from Spotify??? 

You literally can't.  That's obviously not the answer you wanted, but that IS the answer. You can't. You shouldn't ever rely on a "service" to replace what you physically control for this very reason... it can change or just disappear at any moment and there's nothing you can do about it.

That said, if you find something you like but don't own a copy of it — not sure how detailed I can get on this topic — there is software that will give you the ability to own it so you don't have to worry about it disappearing one day. That's really the only thing you can do, other than not getting attached and just accepting that this can all go away at any moment.

Hi there @DominiqueNuit,

Thank you for your reply and feedback here in the Community.

We don’t have all the world’s music on Spotify, and what we do have varies over time and between countries. It all depends on permissions from rights holders.

We add new content every day, so if you can’t find something, it may appear or reappear soon.

We hope that this cleared some things up regarding music availability.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts