Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enhance button not showing up!

Enhance button not showing up!

Plan

Premium Student (logged in via Facebook)

Country

United States of America

Device

iPhone 12, iPad

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

The "Enhance" button is not available on any of my personal playlists.

Yes I am running the current version of Spotify (I even have newer updates since the September 2021 release date of the Enhance button, such as blends, Wrapped 2021, and lyrics under the songs) and iOS. No button.

Yes, I have tried restarting the app twice in a row, though "This may sound odd but it's how the app does a resync." There was no button.

Yes, I have tried logging out and back in from a different device. No button.

Yes, I have cleared the cache, offloaded the app, deleted it, turned off my phone, waited a few minutes, turned my phone back on, and redownloaded the app. There was no Enhance button.

YES, I have been in contact with tech support and - after giving me access to a test account - told me to check if there was an Enhance button. There WAS! So, I log back into my account. No Enhance button (even after creating a new playlist).

I am extremely frustrated. What is going on? I love Spotify and think the product is great. I want to se this feature as it would be extremely useful to me. I think it's ridiculous that seemingly no one knows what's going on or how we can fix it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone,

Enhance is being replaced by Smart Shuffle, so if you no longer have it on your end you most likely got the new feature instead. More info on how Smart Shuffle works here.

Still, if you'd like to see Enhance back make sure to check out this idea and give it a thumbs up to show your support!

Cheers!

85 Replies

Me too!!!! Same same problem! Also... I pay for 6 accounts... my husbands has lyrics, my sons too... even my mom!!!!  Give me my lyrics!!

Hi there @user-removed and @Meia20220911,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

If you are still not seeing lyrics on your device (on no tracks at all and have never done so in the past), please reach out to our support team. Have your login email and device info at the ready and the team should be able to get this resolved in a couple of working days after they record your case.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the exact same problem. No enhance button.

Newest version, all features available except the enhance button. In none of my playlists.

I’m really longing for this feature!

I had the same problem (see my comment from yesterday) and today, after 2 hours constant contact with the support, we fixed it!!!

they helped me to delete my account and create a new one (moved all my playlists and so on for me) and then, after updating to premium again (since a new account is always free at first) and reinstalling the app —> the button is there!

so give it another try and contact the support 🙂

I got the same suggestion from Support to create a new account, but then I'd lose years of listening history among other things, which I really should not have to do. This is something Spotify needs to fix!

I've tried all the things the author mentions and then some, and it's still not showing.

Hey Folks,

Thank you for the information you've shared.

As the Enhance feature should be available in any Premium account on the latest update, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be affecting the proper function of your app. 

In case you can't see the Enhance option after the clean reinstall, give it a try in another device if possible to see if you have the same issue. If it’s just in your device, let us know the brand, OS version and Spotify version you're currently running to have a better look.

On another note, @zitronenmimi_new, thanks for posting the solution given by the Support team, we're glad your issue has been resolved. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I too am experiencing the problem of the enhanced button not showing up on any of my 150+ playlists. A clean reinstallation of the app across 4 devices (iPad, MacBook and 2 Android phones) was performed without any luck. The idea of deleting my account that's many years old is simply out of the question and an unacceptable solution for a Premium paying user; please present a viable solution as the issue clearly does not lie on the users' end.

Hi there @teaticko,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you create a new account here and log in with it on one of the devices to see if the issue persists?

Even though you don't want a new account, this will help us confirm if it's account related or not (as it sounds like).

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Unfortunately Jeremy, this won't help us confirm it. I just made a new account to test this however I realized this feature is only for premium members and I don't have this on my fresh test account. Any ideas?

OK I got premium on this new account now also. No button appears. As with my other account, I tried on all four devices without it showing up. What now?

Hi again @teaticko,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far!

Can you let us know which versions of the apps you're having?

We also suggest that you check if there's any pending OS updates and make sure that you're running the latest version.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi,

I have checked all devices, they're up-to-date with their own operating systems.

As for Spotify versions:
Phone 1: 8.7.6.1081
Phone 2: 8.7.4.1056
Macbook: 1.1.79.763
iPad: 8.7.4.1352

Thanks!

Hi there @teaticko.

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for the provided information.

Can you try with a different internet connection to see if that makes any changes?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hi,

Tried multiple WiFi and cellular data connections, which make no difference. Please find attached a screenshot of both my phone and Macbook.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 10.49.42.png
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 10.50.26.png

@jeremy please could you help me resolve this? thanks 🙂

Hey @teaticko,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to ask a friend/ family member to log in with their Premium account on one of your devices to check the Enhance button is available. This way we can check if the issue is account related.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex, thanks for your response! However, as I have previously stated I have made a new account and taken on a premium membership on this account and on here too, the button did not show up, so clearly this doesn't make a difference.

Hey @teaticko,

Thank you for the clarification.

Would you mind sharing a playlist link that has no Enhance from the account you've recently created? This will give us a better look at the issue to investigate it further. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts