Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Help! How do I create an artist page

Solved!

Help! How do I create an artist page

Hey Im a new artist trying to connect on Spotify. I thought I was making an artist page but turned out to be a regular listening profile. Any idea on how to create one??? I understand you need 250 followers to be verified but how can I create a page first to link my music to gain?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To get an artist profile you need to first get your music on Spotify. 

Content on Spotify is delivered either by a record label or a distributor. If you’re signed to a label, they’ll take care of getting your music to Spotify. If you’re independent, you’ll have to arrange distribution yourself—or join the upload beta in Spotify for Artists.

If you don't currently have a distributor -- which handles licensing and distribution of your music and pays you your streaming royalties -- here is a list of some who've demonstrated the ability to work well with both artists and Spotify. Each service is unique, so be sure to do a little homework before picking one. Most charge a fee or commission.

Note: If you want to submit music for playlist consideration, it must be unreleased. We therefore recommend picking a distributor that allows you to select a release date at least a week in the future. That way, you can ensure your music is delivered to us ahead of time in order to submit it to our editors.

SPOTIFY PREFERRED ARTIST DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our highest standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement. These providers offer instant access to Spotify for Artists for all of their users.

DistroKid

cdbaby logo

RECOMMENDED ARTIST DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our basic standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement. They also offer instant access to Spotify for Artists for all of their users.

EmuBands

SPOTIFY PREFERRED LABEL DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our highest standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement.

Logo-Full-BlueTextsmall

RECOMMENDED LABEL DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our basic standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement.

FUGA, Believe

RECOMMENDED DELIVERY PLATFORMS

FUGA, EMS

Our investment in any provider does not affect who is featured on this page, nor does it affect any decisions about how content is treated on Spotify's service.

We've also developed an upload tool within Spotify for Artists, now available in limited beta to US based independent artists. Read more on our blog!

Then just request access to Spotify for Artists.

Once your request is granted, your artist profile gets the verified check mark and you’ll have access to a dashboard of listening data! You’ll also be able to manage your profile’s images, story, and more.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi, 

have you tried to join the Spotify Fan Insights? You can request access here.

Let me know if it works.

Stenof

Hey @IIIXCTY, welcome to the Community! 

First take a look at Spotify Artists Guide 

You need to have a label or aggregator, they'll handle the work for you. If you don't, Spotify have deals in place with a number of companies who can deliver your music to there and collect royalties for you. 

When you click on the above link ^ you`ll be able to see which labels you can choose.

@stenof Fan Insights are after you`ve an artist page on Spotify and want to track your fans and listeners:

Once your label or aggregator delivers your music to us, you'll be able to track its performance through an artist dashboard called Spotify Fan Insights. You'll see what songs are performing best, while learning how fans are discovering and listening to your music around the world. 

Wish you all the best and many audience! 

Don`t forget to share your work with the Community : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I went through cd baby to distribute my music but it's a group track
with features. The track is on Spotify rn and it allows ppl to follow that
artist but I guess I'm asking how do I link it? It says to put copy and
paste artist page URL under fan insight do I just put my own listener
profile URL? And then it somehow links me to the music I uploaded?

Yeah but I'm having trouble selecting myself as an artist. Do I use my own
personal listener URL?

@IIIXCTY you can Contact Spotify Artists, and submit your question there. Someone from the staff, will be able to give you all the information you need to know about your first steps as an artist on Spotify! 

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star

Hey everyone,

Good news!

You no longer need 250 followers to get verified.

Spotify for Artists is available for all artists and their management teams. Once you get access to Spotfify for Artists you will be verified. 

https://artists.spotify.com/blog/simplifying-artist-verification

Right now there is very high traffic to this newly updated artists site, so you might see an error when loading it. Keep checking back later.

MattSudaSpotify Star

so there is no way to be an individual artist,right?

Im pretty sure you can. Here’s a link that might help you. Scroll to the bottom to where it says “get access” and that should help. There’s also information about it on that link. Hope this helps!

what link

Jenny5603 @Jenny5603 Yea what link?

Try Routenote, it's cheap and if you upload your music there your music will be released on Spotify, Soundcloud and loads of other platforms automatically.

After that you can claim your artist page on spotify

Just like i did, check it out and good luck

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ojBWMcV0rMMQAIwjcJkr8

@stenof wrote:

Hi, 

have you tried to join the Spotify Fan Insig

@stenof wrote:

Hi, 

Let me know if it works.

hts
? You can request access here.

Let me know if it works.

@stenof wrote:

Hi, 

Let me know if it works.

Hey I’ve been having the same problem. I am trying to release my first single. I used tunecore for the distribution and it is releasing soon. But I want to create my artist profile for Spotify and it just keeps sending me to the page in the pic attached  and obliviously I don’t have a profile yet so it’s just an endless loop. Some help please! 

A28B7973-A5A7-49FD-A682-7D562D910553.png

It didn't work for me 😞

Marked as solution

To get an artist profile you need to first get your music on Spotify. 

Content on Spotify is delivered either by a record label or a distributor. If you’re signed to a label, they’ll take care of getting your music to Spotify. If you’re independent, you’ll have to arrange distribution yourself—or join the upload beta in Spotify for Artists.

If you don't currently have a distributor -- which handles licensing and distribution of your music and pays you your streaming royalties -- here is a list of some who've demonstrated the ability to work well with both artists and Spotify. Each service is unique, so be sure to do a little homework before picking one. Most charge a fee or commission.

Note: If you want to submit music for playlist consideration, it must be unreleased. We therefore recommend picking a distributor that allows you to select a release date at least a week in the future. That way, you can ensure your music is delivered to us ahead of time in order to submit it to our editors.

SPOTIFY PREFERRED ARTIST DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our highest standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement. These providers offer instant access to Spotify for Artists for all of their users.

DistroKid

cdbaby logo

RECOMMENDED ARTIST DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our basic standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement. They also offer instant access to Spotify for Artists for all of their users.

EmuBands

SPOTIFY PREFERRED LABEL DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our highest standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement.

Logo-Full-BlueTextsmall

RECOMMENDED LABEL DISTRIBUTORS

These distributors meet our basic standards for providing quality metadata and protecting against infringement.

FUGA, Believe

RECOMMENDED DELIVERY PLATFORMS

FUGA, EMS

Our investment in any provider does not affect who is featured on this page, nor does it affect any decisions about how content is treated on Spotify's service.

We've also developed an upload tool within Spotify for Artists, now available in limited beta to US based independent artists. Read more on our blog!

Then just request access to Spotify for Artists.

Once your request is granted, your artist profile gets the verified check mark and you’ll have access to a dashboard of listening data! You’ll also be able to manage your profile’s images, story, and more.

Suggested posts