Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How can I block any Higher Ground productions?

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue

I'm not paying Spotify to constantly, recurrently get recommended the Obama's BS. 

22 Replies

Hey @acarreras, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let me know how you're seeing these recommendations? Are you seeing them as a pop-up, or do you see them on the Home page? 

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m having the same issue. I don’t want pod casts for starters on my Home Screen for Spotify premium.

Hey @Tstack117

I understand your concern. There isn't any way to remove them from your home page, however, you can create a new Idea about this here, and I thank you for your feedback.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I too am very frustrated with this issue!

Couldn’t agree more. Don’t want someone’s social platform being flashed in front of my eyes every time I want to listen to music that I pay $15/month for.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback here in the Community.

There's an idea about this - [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The Spotify moderator comments should be deleted as non-responsive.  This isn't about customizing your home screen.  It's about not having political propaganda forced onto people.

It was removed for about 3 months and now it's back, I'll be cancelling my subscription

No, Spotify wants to make you a useful **bleep** like the rest. You’ll get the Obama podcasts on your home screen and you’ll like it. This platform is going south in a hurry. Use Qobuz.

Qobuz. Better audio quality and no commie propaganda

Get the pic of "Big Mike" off of my home screen now. If not I will cancel my subscription.

BS.....I don’t follow anything to do with higher ground...the more I have to scroll past that **bleep**, the bigger chance of me crashing my vehicle...take that propaganda off my home page!

I agree, the Obama **bleep** was gone and showed up again tonight.  However, I do not want to see any podcasts on my home screen., or the State of Music today.  I am here for my music and not have Pop, Rap or any other being pushed at me.  And it is above my music and the recommended  music  in my genres.

The higher ground was kind of the last straw.  We got rid of Obama 4 years ago, and hoped would never see his smug face within nose in the air ever again.  So I am 

actively looking at other services,  what has kept me from switching is my family account and my daughter uses it.  I also have app built in to my Volvo.  Luckily that app has been forgotten about and does not have podcasts.  However, Android auto will work fine and can use another service.  As far as adding to the suggestions blog, There are more comments there than on any other and it has been marked as  "Not right now". So obviously falling on deaf ears with spotify.

Search is not much better.  It has my 2 most popular genres then 2 popular podcast categories with one being the woke Play your part podcast category.  Then browse all just under those start with podcasts. The music genres are in such a disorganized mess how can anyone find anything quickly.  Alphabetical order was created  for situations just like this.

I agree...eliminate the Obamas...they are the worst to ever grace the Whitehouse. They set the USA on a path to ruination. Michelle Obama was the WORST first lady in my 70 years of Presidents!

Add me in as a dissatisfied customer.  Spotify, if your goal was to polarize your customer base, mission accomplished.  It's irritating to see an unapologetically unbalanced premium display of one political viewpoint ever time I log in.

A quick search shows that you host programming for two of the US's major political viewpoints.   As a proponent of a free society, my vote would be for Spotify to host political content, but not enshrine it like a banner headline.  For ANY political party.  Reserve that space of honor for Musicians.  We do remember this is a MUSIC service right?   If Spotify feels overwhelmingly compelled to pull politics into the premium space on their home screen, then anything less than equal time for all political affiliations is the only fair solution.  Either equal billing or no billing is my vote.  -  A third option would be to just give us a place to click that would hide banner.  Youtube does this, as well as many other sites.  I like Spotify, and don't care what your politics are.  Please don't make them my business by shoving a banner headline in my face every time I log in.    

Too bad there is not a “report inappropriately option on my Spotify home.

It is a simple fix. REMOVE IT FROM OUR HOME PAGE!!!

Ha ha I reported the Moderator @jeremy 's answer regarding customizing home page as a feature as inappropriate. It is indeed irrelevant to this discussion. I want Spotify to feel it's wrong to shove glorification of politicians (e.g. PROPAGANDA) in front of us paying customers.

IMG_2205.jpg

• This is not a new feature idea or request. It is a content issue that Spotify can easily fix. I want Obama **bleep** removed from my Spotify!

Suggested posts