Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to make collaborative playlists public?

Solved!

How to make collaborative playlists public?

Question:
Why can't I make a playlist (I am currently sharing with a friend) public?
As soon as I unmark my playlist Collaborative or Common I can make it public, but as long as it  is collaborative or common it doesn't work.

Such a intelligent App, but yet not?

Appriciate answears and sorry for the poor english.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mr_orange

I did some more digging on your problem. Take a look at this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Make-Collaborative-Playlists-public/idi-p/1348...

Turns out, Spotify just doesn't allow collab playlists to be made public right now. Hopefully in the future! Sorry, I know that wasn't the answer you wanted.

Here's an idea though: You can copy the playlist and make the copied version public!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

It should be public by default, try making it private and then making it public again or deleting it and then recover it from your spotify profile in the webpage, that should work.

Hey there!

Try checking your account settings. Go to settings > Social. There you'll see a switch to automatically make playlists public. Makes sure it's green so you know it's on. Maybe that's your issue?

Hope that helps!

Hi my friend,
Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately that didn’t work, I guess the Spotify application doesn’t work making common playlists public.

Hi my friend,
Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately that didn’t work. (making it private and public again)
I don't really feel like deleting it and then recovering it, it is shared and the songs are hard to set up the way it is now..

Marked as solution

Hey @mr_orange

I did some more digging on your problem. Take a look at this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Make-Collaborative-Playlists-public/idi-p/1348...

Turns out, Spotify just doesn't allow collab playlists to be made public right now. Hopefully in the future! Sorry, I know that wasn't the answer you wanted.

Here's an idea though: You can copy the playlist and make the copied version public!

Pigeon, you are an angel without wings.
Thank your for the research and the advice.
I just shared the list to a few who wanted to listen.
I didn't think of that.

@mr_orange No worries! Glad to help!

If you ever need help again with Spotify, you can come back here! 🙂

Spotify playlists can actually be made public.

If you on a laptop device and you go to make your collaborative playlist public, it would be greyed out meaning you can't make it public. BUT! There's a solution for that, if you download the Spotify app on your phone, and go click edit, you can actually make it public, my friends and all my cousins have done this so now we can add to each other's playlists.

Hopefully, that made sense.

Does trying it on the mobile app work? Because it worked for me just now

Hey all, 

although you can make it public via mobile, it would not show on your profile. However, if a friend of yours who follows it makes it public, it becomes visible on their profile. At least that's the case with my collaborative one.

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HI EVERYOBDYS
I have a collaborative playlist and I finally found how to make it public, I mean, make it appear on my public playlists on my profile, but as most of us already know, it can't be seen for anyone not even the people who are collaborating on it, the only way is following the link I shared from the beginning.
Ans as most of us know, the "copy playlist link" and create a copy of it doesn't work.
But for your information, I've been seeing some PUBLIC collaborative playlists around spotify. So I wonder how this people did it. How can I see these playlists if I'm not even part of them? I can see who made them, the people collaborating and in the top the sign "collaborative playlist"
?

Suggested posts