Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to remove podcasts or unlike them or flag them inappropriate ?

How to remove podcasts or unlike them or flag them inappropriate ?

Hi,
I'm being shown unacceptable content in the podcast feed. I don't even like podcasts, I just left one running by mistake once, that I didn't even pick. Now I'm shown the most extremist political stuff I've ever seen and have no way to dislike, flag them inappropiate, block, remove, report, or anything. If possible I'd like to remove the whole podcast feed, as mentioned above, I DON'T LIKE PODCASTS.

Please help me. If I can't fix this soon I will have to end my subscription and pick a different service and make all my playlists again. I need spotify at work and I can't have it show this kind of podcasts in my home screen.

34 Replies

Hi @ZareliNoise,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

We've moved your post to this help board so we can assist you better. 

We're sorry to hear about all this flow of unwanted content you've been seeing on your account. At the moment it's not possible to manually remove podcast suggestions. However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting a feature to manually customize your home screen, allowing you to remove those episodes.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we strive to make Spotify better every day. 

Let us know if you have any questions.
MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But the idea you mentioned has been ignored by Spotify's staff for months despite hundreds of complaints about the exact same thing ... what is this.

It's simple. Podcasts are more profitable than music. So, Spotify will continue trying to shove them down your throat, whether you like it or not.

Yeah I already realized.
Just bringing as much of my playlist as I can to Deezer before they decide to ban me for doing that (it's actually not allowed to import your own data to a different service now, as if Spotify wasn't enough antagonistic to us already).

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback in this thread.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

You can read more about how your feedback and ideas reaches Spotify here.

For now, we suggest that you head over to the idea that's been provided and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That post is nearly four years old.  Spotify insists on putting content that is not only something I'm not interested in but something that actually upsets me to have to have on the screen.  I don't want to see Donald Trump, Barack Obama, or any other political garbage when I just want to escape into some music.  So I'll say it clearly for the clowns in the back of this circus:  knock it off, give me a way to shut it off, or I'll simply stop paying for the family subscription and switch to another platform.

Please be sure to vote and comment on the main thread here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Podcasts-Option-to-disable-or-hide-podcast...

Let's get this garbage turned off.

It's been like 4 months since I posted this, 2 responses from the team yet no improvement whatsoever.
SPOTIFY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SUGGESTIONS

it annoys me so much, that i, a Spotify premium payer for lack of a better term. i pay Spotify for a number of reasons, one of the biggest being ad free. i feel as though i am being forced to watch Spotify “recommending” me a podcast that i absolutely have no interest for what so ever. it really offends me thinking about it because spotify aren't “recommending” me a podcast, they are blatantly advertising podcasts that even if i wanted to listen to one, i have no interest in such as a drag queen podcast or a learning french podcast???? I AM NOT INTERESTED IN LISTENING TO ANY PODCAST. its not just me that doesn't want podcasts, hundreds, if not thousands think the same. Spotify makes no effort to improve the platform at all. if i can have the option to mute certain artists and have their music so that i cant listen to it, surely its just as easy to implement for podcasts?

Of course it's just as easy. In fact, it should be even easier. They just don't want to, and they don't care if you like it or not.

They will continue to ignore it. All while saying "we'll pass it along to the right folks' (ie. the trash can)

2 long years have passed but your professional team still couldn't solve the problem. I just solved the problem in a minute, I clicked uninstall spotify.

EDIT: Never mind. They tested it for about a day and then took the feature away. Meant to edit this a long time ago. Of course, I hoped they were going to try to make the app better.....

They fixed it! Press and hold on whatever show you don’t want, it will give you an option to say you’re not interested. It will remove it from the Home Screen!

EDIT: Never mind. They tested it for about a day and then took the feature away. Meant to edit this a long time ago. Of course, I hoped they were going to try to make the app better.....

See my post on this. They fixed it!

YOU ARE RIGHT THEY DID IT!!!!!!! wooohoo. I was ready to cancel my sub.

Now, If they could only fix their desktop app

This is not fixed on my Android phone. I'd like to remove the entire podcast option, but as it stands I can't get rid of any of them. 

You are correct. I had thought they had fixed this, but instead they just
made it possible to remove the episode for 90 days... lame

It really makes the app unusable in so many situations. Spotify used to feel like a premium streaming service. After testing out Tidal for a couple months, Spotify feels like walking into Walmart after a day shopping on Rodeo Drive. The cheapest option provides the cheapest offering. 

Suggested posts