Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Important Question About Playlists

Solved!

Important Question About Playlists

I've noticed that the Spotify team has removed the "Follow" playlist feature. So, my quesiton is, what does the "heart icon" do? Does that individually save songs in their own respective albums? Or does the "heart icon" saves the playlists as playlists? I do not want 10 thousand albums in my library, so, if that's what they did, they better fix it! 'Cause I know I am not the only user that would take issue with that too.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @SpotyThrowbacks,

thanks for posting !

When you click the "Heart" song on a playlist it saves the whole playlist as it is to your playlist section.

Hope this answers your question 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I went through some old posts in the community and found this similar one for you with @Loxer explaining it the best way there is.

Let me know if it helped 🙂

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortuantely this did answer my quesiton. The link you provided dealt with an artist's page. I'm actually talking about playlists. So, just to make you understand what I'm asking:

If I click on the "heart" in a playlist, will the songs in that playlist be saved as a playlist, or will each song be saved in an album! Again, I don't want 300 additional individual albums in my library! I want them saved as playlists! Get it? Playlist to playlists; NOT playlist to albums.

Marked as solution

thanks for posting !

When you click the "Heart" song on a playlist it saves the whole playlist as it is to your playlist section.

Hope this answers your question 🙂

Suggested posts