Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Jazz Radio

Solved!

Jazz Radio

I love Spotify, especially the radio, and you're coming up with great music for my various indie/rock stations, but I've noticed my jazz radio here lacks the same spot-on content.  Gotta say Pandora nails e.g. the Bill Evans station, where Spotify's Bill Evans pulls up Chet Baker, John Coltrane, and others that are great but totally unrelated.  I'm hopeful your jazz database can get the attention and nuance more popular music has here.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Thumbs down affects you and that particular station so if you thumb down a song in a specific station, it won't mean that you don't like that song but that you don't want it in that station.

Jose 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey! You can help improve and customise your song suggestions by giving feedback (thumbs up/down) on the songs you listen.

Hope this helps, Jose 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

you can also try to start the playlist radio from a jazzplaylist that you already like and of course downvote the unrelated songs.

Thanks, Jose - understood 🙂   That said, I don't want to 'thumbs down' e.g. a Coltrane song, because I do like the track - I just don't want it played alongside Bill Evans because they're VERY different.  Just an observation that Spotify is better at triangulating similar music in other genres (or at least indie/rock) than in jazz.  And truthfully, it hasn't come up with many good matches to 'thumbs up'.

All that said, can anyone confirm that 'thumbs down' to a song on a radio station doesn't translate to a universal thumbs down?  E.g. if I 'thumbs down' a song on a radio station, am I saying "I hate that song" or "I don't want that song in this station"?

Marked as solution

Hey! Thumbs down affects you and that particular station so if you thumb down a song in a specific station, it won't mean that you don't like that song but that you don't want it in that station.

Jose 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Awesome - thanks!

No problem at all! Let me know if there's anything I can help with.
Have a nice day 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts