Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Joe Rogan - Harmful Information Dissemination?

Joe Rogan - Harmful Information Dissemination?

What is Spotify prepared to do regarding this type of communication from Podcast Host Joe Rogan?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-antifa-oregon-fires/?hpid=hp_morning-mix-...

- "The backlash over Rogan’s false claim has heaped more pressure on Spotify, which recently signed the massively popular podcaster to a deal reportedly worth up to $100 million. Spotify also met with employees this week angry that the service is streaming Rogan episodes that critics have called transphobic, Vice reported."

- "The misinformation has led to real problems. When a meme went viral claiming that the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office had arrested “six antifa members” last week, the sheriff’s office was flooded with calls that tied up officers and operators. Unfounded fears of extremist fire-starters and false reports of looting have also led vigilantes to set up illegal roadblocks and hold a photojournalist at gunpoint."

So. . . Community:  Given the state of affairs in the United States, is this where Spotify "is going"?  Even accounting for 1st Amendment rights and artistic freedom, is there where ideas on Spotify are trending?  If so, okay, that's good for some segment of "The Community" - but for me, it might be time to walk away from the membership (and cease my financial contribution to this Company's bottom-line ) in this environment.

79 Replies

If you even so much as make a cursory investigation into the credibility of the scientific experts that Joe Rogan has on his Podcast, they are invariably found to be of the highest pedigree; conversely, inspection of the qualifications of those wishing to cast aspersions on the same guests typically involve somebody with no professional knowledge of the subject matter at all.

I'm completely **bleep** sick of this censorship; give me and others the credit to be able to make valid judgements by ourselves. Don't judge us by your own standards and expect us to bleat like the other sheep.

If Joe Rogan get cancelled, for sure I'll be cancelling my Spotify subscription also; maybe Spotify didn't choose this hill to die on, but it's been chosen for you. Choose wisely, Spotify - acquiesing to the wishes of the Cancellers may cost you financially far more than you anticipated.

#supportjoerogan

If someone endorses lies and conspiraytheories - time to say by-by
Cant even vlock the geezer

I fully enjoy Spotify, great music & content.
Anyone not happy can just not listen to what makes them not happy, for any reason, that is your right.
Just because you are not happy does not give you rights overriding everyone else's rights.
Please remain as is Spotify, do not let the few ruin everything for others, in other words pls don't comply with bullies.

Bye, cya. Don't forget to remove yourself from all other social media platforms, whoever you guys are 🤷🏼‍♂️

YOU ARE AN ARTIST?

BLA,BLA, BLA, SOY CUBANA DE QUE INTOLERANCIA Y RACISMO HABLAS! SOY IMIGRANTE POBRE Y NO SOY BLANCA SUPREMACISTA SOY MULATA Y NO ESTOY DE ACUERDO CON LO QUE HABLAS ACERE.

Spotify isn’t a government organization, where do you get the notion that they are violating the constitution. Have you actually read Orwells 1984? By the sounds of it, you haven’t. 

Spotify absolutely should not be hosting content that is morally corrupt and misleading. It’s not a matter of “free speech” it’s a matter of doing the right thing. 

Newsflash, it’s not just ‘leftists’ who oppose Joe Rogan. What is wrong with people like you thinking everything is about letting the “leftists” take control. It’s a bigger picture than just the “leftists”. Trying adding some moral fiber to your diet. 

NO PIENSO COMO TU QUE QUIERES QUE TE DIGA
CORRUPT SPEACH! Y QUE ES LO QUE TU OYES **bleep**?

@mtzlblk wrote:

100% agree that supporting, prompting, advertising and hosting someone like Joe Rogan who supports showing vaccine misinformation it's a reprehensible way to make a profit.

Not only have they invested $100 million that they need to recoup, but Spotify has a vested interest in the covid-19 pandemic.

When live shows are cancelled due to covid-19 outbreaks, Spotify don't lose any money, just the artists, their touring bands and support crew. Perhaps some live performance venues close down for good. Music fans can still stream music.

This makes the artists even more dependant on streaming, as their live performance income gets reduced to a fraction of what it was. I'm sure Spotify knows this.

Please DON'T cave to the anti-free speech Woke crowd.  They do NOT speak for us normal Americans!!!

Same

Good riddance. Cya later commie.

Just chiming in to say that if Spotify goes down this road by getting rid of Rogan, I will be cancelling the service. I dont listen to him, and haven't cared about him since Newsradio, but if this is the road they want to go down they will go down it without my monthly membership.

1. With nearly a million Americans having died from COVID spreading clearly inaccurate information is irresponsible and dangerous. Spotify shouldn't try to hide its greedy practice behind the "free speech" excuse.  I am canceling my subscription until Spotify decides to take action and stop participating in the irrational tirade. I don't want my monet underwriting this deadly podcast

You've taken down your tracks, good riddance.

Bite me, you are as intolerant as they come.

Well you've certainly demonstrated how toleratant you are. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but everyone is not entitle to their own facts. This is especially critical when the disinformation being determinate results in hundreds of thousands of American lives

What about all the misinformation that the WH and Big Pharma and the CDC
have put out? You don't think that has cost hundreds of thousands of
American lives? Wake up already.

You obviously don't read very much. Dr Malone has more creds behind his name than Fauci ever had. Fauci has also sat behind a desk for over 30 years, a true bureaucrat who was caught funding gain of function research and is hugely invested in big pharma.

There are many research papers from world class scientists credentialed in virology and epidemiology who have presented articles and studies contrary to Fauci narratives. 

If you want to live with your head buried in the sand its your choice.

Science has only advanced over 500 years through open debate. I can only surmise that you also believe the world is flat.

Suggested posts