Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Meshuggah - Obzen

Solved!

Meshuggah - Obzen

I know some of the reasons why albums get removed from Spotify, but in this case, can I ask what was the specific reason that this album has suddenly been removed?

It's an older album, I don't think it has changed rights for ownership, but some individual songs like Bleed are still available.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It happened on Spotify Android. I cleared everything, uninstalled and reinstalled.

Album now shows normally again.

This is a little bit crazy, because now I've lost all local stored songs and have to redo a lot of application settings etc.

How does something like this happen? And more importantly, how do I prevent it from happening again?

In any case, thanks for your help! Appreciate it!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

@inflatablemouse

Hello:

I did a quick lookup for this release using a third party search service, that release is available in these listening regions currently: http://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability/#1E72ED2DF9qg7Dr08yCkHx

Information about missing content on the Spotify service:

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.
https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing/

Spotify users can use this Google form here: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMGwTBnCz8nOPkM5g9IwwbpKolEWOXkhpAUSl8JjlkKcBGKw/viewform for music requests, there is no guarantees the content added to this list will become available. This is an internal list Spotify uses internally to see how popular certain content is that might be missing on the service.

According to your 3rd party link, the album should be available.

I can find the album on Spotify by going to the Artist, choose show all albums, in the album list it says 9 tracks, but when I actually open the album there are none.

When I search for the song Bleed, it finds the track nonetheless.

Maybe it wasn't removed but there's simply something borked up?

So I just made a playlist and recreated the album by searching all the individual tracks. I I haz the album again :).

However, searching for the album itself I get an empty album, no tracks.

This is rediculous. Friend of mine can find and play the album just fine.

What is wrong with my account or local cache maybe? How do I solve this?

@inflatablemouse

Hello:

Reading your posts in this thread I would say maybe try a clean reinstall, for example when uninstalling make sure to check that any left behind Spotify files before reinstalling have been removed if on say a Win or Mac system. Is this issue happening with the Spotify desktop or mobile app? Warning any offline content you had when doing an uninstall and reinstall will have to be re-downloaded again.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Care to post what system, OS version, and Spotify app version this is happening with?

Also just to double check what listening region are you in if you care to post this information? When doing the look up for that release, I noticed there was 5 different releases available based on listening region.

Marked as solution

It happened on Spotify Android. I cleared everything, uninstalled and reinstalled.

Album now shows normally again.

This is a little bit crazy, because now I've lost all local stored songs and have to redo a lot of application settings etc.

How does something like this happen? And more importantly, how do I prevent it from happening again?

In any case, thanks for your help! Appreciate it!

"How does something like this happen? And more importantly, how do I prevent it from happening again?"

Let's see on Android if you notice in Apps there are usually two options to clear content the Spotify app stores on your device STORAGE and CACHE. You can try to Clear cache every so often in case this was a simple case of cache corruption. Clearing data under STORAGE removes everything, and the user has to reset the Spotify app settings again and redownload all offline content, and also resync local files again in playlists.

When running into Spotify mobile app issues, what I try to do first is a quick log out of the app, and then I will pull up the Spotify app under Apps and do a Clear cache, and then tab on the Force stop after this, wait about 25 seconds and log back into the Spotify app, and see if things corrected or cleared up. A quick device Power off and/or Restart cycle after a Clear cache helps to clear hang ups as well sometimes.

I can create a new thread, but after clearing the data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it ran once succesfully. 

Now when I launch the app, it just closes immediately.

I cleared the data, cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, it keeps doing this. I've rebooted my phone, just keeps closing immediately.

Any ideas?

Never mind, I just remembered I updated Android. I'll reverse that first and come back if I still have an issue.

Suggested posts