Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Music?

Missing Music?

In response to the numerous missing music posts, I've paraphrased this from Spotify's music FAQs.

Spotify wants all the world’s music to be available in all countries. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. 

Thousands of albums and artists are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

You can also open this form and provide Spotify with feedback. 
When doing so, do please keep in mind that this is an internal list they will use at regular intervals, to see how much interest there is for any given band. Submitting a name does not mean they will magically be showing up soon.

130 Replies

It turns out that the IVY import didn't find many of the songs. This seems to be due to naming difference between last.fm and Spotify. (some seemed to match exactly).

I am comparing the spotify list with the original last.fm library manually and so far have found most of them. (I am only at #120 but have found most so far.)

It's very tedious.

Spotify has most seems like it will have most of the songs though.

I fyou are using lastscrape, Excel and IVY to create the Spotify playlist, you will have many missing due to naming differences(i.e. explicit, Demo, Bonus etc.)

I also dont understand how an artist can have all his latest work from 2004 to 2013 on Spotify but missing his older albums? Doesnt make sense to me. Why would it be harder to get rights to older stuff than newer stuff? Ian Pooley fans need his older albums please (Especially 'Since then")!

@meo1316 Artists change labels sometimes, so maybe whoever they're with now is more open to making the music available to streaming services. It's really not that uncommon for older music to be less available.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am a premium user, been with spotify for a long time, and convinced a lot of my Chinese friends to join since a few years back when a lot of C-pop artists appeared. Just today, I discovered all my cantonese playlists are empty! When I try to search for the artist I can only find 2 songs, and there should be a few hundred! Artists simplt vanished from the database, albums gone, playlist gone!

Is this an error? Or do I have to go back to iTunes..

It's very possible the labels have pulled their music. Who are some of the missing artists?

dinomightSpotify Star

mainly 林峰,泳儿,罗利威,

And some C-pop compilation albums

It is entirely possible the labels decided to pull their records, if so I hope it can rectified, these songs are the reason why I still buy premium, otherwise they could cost a lot more to buy from UK.

@TheIsingGuy Thanks for the additional info. I've gone ahead and moved this post to the Missing Music thread. I just wanted to do a quick search and also have some specifics available in case anyone else is able to determine what exactly happened (labels pulling the songs, new region restrictions, etc.) It doesn't look like any kind of error, but it's also possible they'll be restored at some point. 

If you go into settings and turn off the "hide unplayable tracks" option, do you see the tracks again on your playlists, but greyed out?

dinomightSpotify Star

Thanks, and yes songs are greyed out. 

Searching for the missing artists does give a page for them, but

1. their photo is missing, replaced by a generic grey picture

2. only 2 songs in top songs

3. no followers, usually 10k+

4. No albums

I hope they get restored too, for now I have to go back to ripping CDs...

It's utter and complete BS that Spotify removes music at a whim. This is why I cancelled my Premium membership. When I make a playlist, I EXPECT IT TO STAY UNLESS *I* DELETE IT!

And I don't buy that "We have to do it due to copyright laws"...BS! Tell me another one! Unless you can DL songs to your own personal computer, there is NO copyright infringement. 

GROW A SPINE, SPOTIFY,AND STOP REMOVING MUSIC!!!!

@Johnnykyoung wrote:

It's utter and complete BS that Spotify removes music at a whim. This is why I cancelled my Premium membership. When I make a playlist, I EXPECT IT TO STAY UNLESS *I* DELETE IT!

And I don't buy that "We have to do it due to copyright laws"...BS! Tell me another one! Unless you can DL songs to your own personal computer, there is NO copyright infringement. 

GROW A SPINE, SPOTIFY,AND STOP REMOVING MUSIC!!!!

When a company makes a licensing agreement with record labels, they're expected to abide by it. The music labels and artists absolutely have control of what music is on Spotify and anything that is on here is according to what they approve. I would suggest researching on demand music streaming, as all of the companies with similar offerings deal with the same thing.

dinomightSpotify Star

At the artist E aka Mark Everett Oliver aka member/band leader of the EELS, are songs and albums that don't belong to his collection. besides the strange songs E his songs aren't there. I really miss the album "A man called E". Hopefully it can be fixed 😄

Hope this is the right place to leave my thoughts 😛

Dagoba - Poseidon. This album suddenly disappear while all the others are still there (including "post mortem nihil est", latest Dagoba's album)

I can understand that some bands are not on spotify because of legal stuff or anything else, but albums removed are a problem, and the reason why I leaved deezer some months ago. Please don't change my playlists into deserts again...

Where is the album The Gathering by Testament, it used to be on Spotify, but for a while now it has been completely gone from Spotify, this is sad since its Testament's most awesome album!

Contact Marvelous Mosell from Denmark! It's the new **bleep** and it would be nice if he could join the Spotify community! 

@jwylot wrote:

In response to the numerous missing music posts, I've paraphrased this from Spotify's music FAQs.

Spotify wants all the world’s music to be available in all countries. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. 

Thousands of albums and artists are being added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

When doing so, do please keep in mind that this is an internal list they will use at regular intervals, to see how much interest there is for any given band. Submitting a name does not mean they will magically be showing up soon.

@jwylot wrote:

@jwylot wrote:

Maddas69 said: "It looks like most Death Angel albums are presented on Spotify but not their breakthrough (and best) abum "Act III". Anyone know why?" I have access to that particular album although I am in the U.S. and that maybe where it is currently available. The spotify link in case you need it. http://open.spotify.com/album/1Dj4ZFmEwdSTLHxFMRWYx4

Who should I speak to, if there's a music that exists but it's not on spotify? .... For example Jeremih feat YG "Don't tell em"

Hi @Fabinhoabs , I've moved your question to the Missing Music thread. It's really up to the labels and artists to determine what they are willing to have on Spotify, but you can certainly fill out the form here to express your interest in seeing certain music made available.

dinomightSpotify Star

The crowning "Magnum Opus" of Don Ellis' library, 1971's live recording, "Tears Of Joy", is missing from Spotify's library.

It's not surprising, as this jazz gem wasn't released on CD by Columbia Records, but by Wounded Bird Records in 2004.

Spotify, please add this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjR4_i0Furo

Hi, this is the third time im asking for answers, please help me!

I had my account with the ID: 1198664600 for months and i put a lot of time and effort in creating and selecting the songs of my playlists, my account was attached to my facebook. I tried the premium service for two months and all of a sudden (like a month ago) when i entered to my account it was empty, no playlists, no followers, nothing. I checked all the possible problems and i have realize that now i have a different ID (12138424330) and this "new" account is also attached to my FB so i think that this account replace the older one. Please help me, i need my playlists back! Also i think im still paying for the old one!!!

''The XX - Teardrops'' is missing.i'd be glad to add it to my playlist on spotify.

Suggested posts