Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Missing Song/Album

Solved!

Missing Song/Album

Hi,

I hope this is the correct place to address this as I went through the Help page and didn't find it mentioned anywhere or a more appropriate place for my inquiry.

What can I do if I want to add a song to my playlist, or just plain listen to a song and it is not on here? Is there a place to go to ask if the song/album can be added? And if yes, where? As lately I'm finding this issue quite frenquently and not just with old songs or obscure artists 😞

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CarlyHope, and welcome to the Community!!

You're totally in the right place for a question about the content available on Spotify!  You've got a really great question, and you're certainly not the only listener who has thought of the perfect song for their playlist, only to discover it doesn't exist on Spotify.  Spotify is super cool in that they've already made every song they can available to their users.  That means that if a song, album, or artist is "missing" from Spotify, it's because the artist or record label has not given Spotify the rights to publish their music.  The best thing for you to do is contact the artists you like to ask them, or their record label, about why the music isn't on Spotify.  To help guage interest, Spotify also uses this form which you can fill out to let them know you're interested in seeing specific songs added, but it won't guarantee anything.

I hope that helps!

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @CarlyHope, and welcome to the Community!!

You're totally in the right place for a question about the content available on Spotify!  You've got a really great question, and you're certainly not the only listener who has thought of the perfect song for their playlist, only to discover it doesn't exist on Spotify.  Spotify is super cool in that they've already made every song they can available to their users.  That means that if a song, album, or artist is "missing" from Spotify, it's because the artist or record label has not given Spotify the rights to publish their music.  The best thing for you to do is contact the artists you like to ask them, or their record label, about why the music isn't on Spotify.  To help guage interest, Spotify also uses this form which you can fill out to let them know you're interested in seeing specific songs added, but it won't guarantee anything.

I hope that helps!

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Suggested posts