Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Mixtapes

Solved!

Mixtapes

will we ever see mixtapes by artists such as hip-hop artists on spotify? i mean will spotify only host official albums

44 Replies

pinging.  This is a huge frustration.  

Spotify staff- I am paying you $10 a month to provide me with all the music that is feasible to get.  If you wish me to continue paying for your service, please fix this.  You need to reach out to artists or do whatever it takes to get these mixtapes up on spotify.  

These artists originally gave away the music on these mixtapes for free because they wanted more people to hear their music .  I'm not buying these excuses about rights holders and permission.  I refuse to believe that if you actively reached out to these artists they would refuse to negotiate some sort of deal to get this music up.  Given that spotify has a ton of ways to discover new music (radio, friends, etc) it seems it would be basically a dream for these artists to get their music up.  Pay them if you have to. Fix this.

mp3s from the mixtapes, the spotify app cant seem to go to the next song!?! why do i have this problem?

OT: I have seen several mixtapes why not more?

I started to create a website for spotify mixtapes: http://m1xtape.com . It is still not finished but you can  find the first ones here: http://m1xtape.com/?page_id=67 . But you can send some ๐Ÿ™‚

OMG Datpiff Mixtape intergration would mean the differance between me loving spotify Vs. Living for, Breathing for and maybe even Working for Spotify! 

what about giving the user the opportunity to upload his from datpiff downloaded mixtapes into a cloud storage to be able to stream it from there to any device with the spotify app? so only the user can hear them. would be also a perfect feature for your own other mp3 data. uploading them into a cloud to safe storage on your device because you don't have to safe your data into the app locally.

@fabbes92 wrote:

what about giving the user the opportunity to upload his from datpiff downloaded mixtapes into a cloud storage to be able to stream it from there to any device with the spotify app? so only the user can hear them. would be also a perfect feature for your own other mp3 data. uploading them into a cloud to safe storage on your device because you don't have to safe your data into the app locally.

This has been suggested before, but Spotify have said "Not right now". More details on this topic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thank you .. I've read it 5 minutes ago ๐Ÿ˜„

too bad .. it's a good idea

Wow Spotify, don't sleep on the mixtape community. I don't know why it's not available yet. But just think of creating value for the customer, since right now this particular community is actually doing the downloading, something you sought out to replace. So official or not, it's free music and as long as you're not making money off of it you're still creating value that benefits the operation as a whole.

Besides it's not like we're asking you to upload every mixtape thats out there. But truth of the matter is that some of the bigest artists are actually droping some huge mixtapes and songs. This summer for instance, "Migos, Drake - Versace" It's just crazy! 

If these mixtapes are available to buy legally and are fully licensed, then get in touch with the label responsible and suggest that they get their content on Spotify.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ok, Do you work for spotify? Anyway that's not my job, Spotify is in the MUSIC BUSINESS, I pay for this service. It's spotifys job to make sure that the Hottest songs, albums and mixtapes are available! Not my job paying for a service and then contact different labels to upload their content to that same service, that's Spotifys job! Otherwise I don't know what I'm paying for! :S

I dont know if there has been any progress on this front, but I certainly havent seen any. As someone who stays up on all the mixtape releases and only barely dabble in official albums, I just might be the perfect person for you guys to hire to keep tabs on that scene. Stanford grad, hit me up

So what is the sense in making it publicly downloadable but not available? To be clear though, you and David are saying it is the artist and/or company who is choosing to upload every song an artist has, except their mixtape?

Honestly adding mixtapes dropped by the artist for free would do SO much, especially with an artist like Chance The Rapper who has a good selection of songs via mixtapes but for whatever reason only has one song on Spotify. Seems like it shouldn't be a problem seeing as how it looks like Juicy J and 2 Chainz have mixtapes on their artist page.

You guys provide a music service we pay monthly for. Why should the customers have to do your job, artists are way more likely to respond to a big company like you guys than us anyways. Stop being lazy, Spotify did this lazy stuff with Windows Phone too i'm sick of the product not being improved

i love the way spotify members treat users. very friendly and not suit and tie styled.

This NEEDS to be done. It's the one thing that prevents spotify from being my number 1 app. I also think it would be an absolute power move on their behalf

This might not be on spotify but its worth taking a listen to, 

------> http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/luke-christopher-tmrw-tmrw-pt-2-new-mixtape.115501.html?song-1957827

This kid is AMAZING. i dont think this kind of talent comes around often so im jumping on his band wagon. Take a listen and let me know what you think. Hes like a mix of frank ocean, drake, and j, cole put together. 

Wale's latest mixtake (Festivus, http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/stream-wale-and-a-trak-s-festivus-mixtape-news.13360.html) found me this thread as a needed solution. Mixtapes should be a part of the spotify streaming database

This needs to happen ! ! 

I'm sure that if spotify reached out to datpiff this could happen.
It is just a quistion of jura.

This could truly give spotify an advantage over apple music..

Suggested posts