Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile][Developer] Toggle Feature to Display Lyrics

[Mobile][Developer] Toggle Feature to Display Lyrics

[Appealing to all Users, Please Vote!!]

I'm not sure how many of the users out there are deprived from viewing lyrics on their mobile Spotify App. I'm one of them since the day that this feature was released. I'm constantly getting the annoying "Behind The Lyrics" which is totally useless instead of lyrics. 

I'm proposing a fix to this problem to the developers. Developers, please consider making an icon on the mobile Spotify App (similar to the one on Windows) that allows user to toggle between lyrics mode and non lyrics mode. I believe this will fix the issue of lyrics not automatically showing up underneath the screen for users that have been deprived from this feature.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Yess, I love Spotify but Apple Music and Amazon music have those lyrics. We need those lyrics. Behind the lyrics is just all right kind of cool but...

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

You should only see 'Behind the Lyrics' for tracks where lyrics are not available. When lyrics are available, Genius’s ‘Behind the Lyrics’ will be disabled to show the song lyrics instead.

If you've found some songs that have full song lyrics on desktop but not in the mobile app, it'd be great if you could send us the URI of the song along with the following details, so we can have a closer look at this:

Keep in mind that, right now, lyrics are only available in a few select countries and regions. If you'd like to see this feature come to more countries, you can consider adding your vote to this idea.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts