Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

More control over explicit content/filter: Family Plan

More control over explicit content/filter: Family Plan

I just bought a family plan in order to have the filter, but I am really disappointed in it.  All it does is filter the songs with the "E" tag, which isn't remotely worth the $$.

But maybe there are workarounds.  I'd like to:

1) Allow specific songs that are marked explicit but I deem acceptable.

2) Disallow specific songs that are not marked explicit, but I deem unacceptable (i.e. those that the filter misses).

How do I do the above?  Without this functionality the filter is pretty worthless.

3 Replies

Hey there @jp113

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Currently, if you're the owner of the Premium Family plan, you can allow or block anything with an explicit tag for other members of the plan. For more info, we suggest that you check this article.

Although it isn't possible at the moment to manually select the songs you'd like to be excluded or accepted, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It looks like the answer is simply "no, you can't do this, and there is no workround", sadly.  No workaround? Really?

I also should correct your response: "you can allow or block everything with an explicit tag for other members of the plan."

"anything" implies that I can select what I'd like to block if it's marked "E".  Looks like it's all or nothing.

I'm really paying $16/month for that extremely limited feature?  Hm. 

Agree!  This is needed!

Suggested posts