Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Nazi music

Solved!

Nazi music

I noticed that on Spotify almost all German military marches of the Nazi era are missing, I would like to know if it is a political decision or if there is no artist to refer to they cannot be loaded, on Youtube they are present and I honestly do not see why the moral must be questioned in this topic since I noticed the music of Soviet choirs being present on Spotify and therefore of an authoritarian regime responsible for many crimes, I looked for some songs of Fascist Italy and I noticed that there are but those nazi are missing, after all, considering all the songs with fairly questionable texts on Spotify in the name of freedom of expression, I don't see why to censor the Nazi ones that in the end speak more than anything of patriotism, I don't think they made songs with explicit reference to the crimes they performed. I need to check if there is North Korean music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Davide15 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

Spotify’s internal review process on ‘offensive content’ constantly seeks to remove illegal/offensive content. Seeing how that could be offensive to many people, it was most likely removed.

Spotify has some info about this here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hope this Helps,

Jack 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Davide15 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

Spotify’s internal review process on ‘offensive content’ constantly seeks to remove illegal/offensive content. Seeing how that could be offensive to many people, it was most likely removed.

Spotify has some info about this here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hope this Helps,

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts