Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey folks,

Good news - We've worked together with Amazon to resolve the playback issues on Echo devices, and a fix for this is gradually being rolled out! While we can't give an exact timeframe for each individual case, you should all notice a difference in the near future.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
Francina1988

Stesso problema dalla settimana scorsa, spero possano risolvere al piu presto

Skye5

**bleep** I thought it was just me... I have been tearing my hair out to try and fix it! Please give us a fix Spotify!

bedpost

This is happening to me too.   Started a couple of weeks ago.    Plays 3/4/5 songs then stops at end of song or stops 0.30 seconds into track.  

Tried unlinking spotify in alexa app.

uninstalling and re installing spotify.

resettting router

All software upto date. 

very frustrating as playing music in our shop and keep having to re-start.

nevergoingoutofstyle

Plan

Premium 

Country

Scotland

Device

Amazon Echo Dot

Hey! So recently I’ve never had a problem with my Echo Dot but recently it’s been pausing after I play 4/5 songs off a playlist or an album and there’s no reason for it to be pausing at all. I made a post about it on the Amazon Forums but got redirected here, I’ve done everything, removed Spotify then readded it, made sure it’s updated to the latest software, turned it off then on but I’m honestly at a loss now.

FionaJebb
Problem occurs on more than one Amazon Echo Dot.
muddyfunsta70

I’m having the same issue and I thought it was Spotify, seems it might be Alexa.
On Amazon’s troubleshooting they are suggesting the following:

Here are some troubleshooting you can try :

• Ensure you have an updated version of the Alexa app as well as Spotify.
  • Unplug your Alexa device and then plug it back in.
  • Try saying "Alexa, Dismiss."
  • Ask Alexa to check for device updates.

I’m off to try it now.
KelliAS

Did everything Amazon said... hard booted my speaker and it crashed...Red Light of Death... received new speaker and Spotify pausing songs is worse... someone please fix this 

nevergoingoutofstyle

Unfortunately tried all these options as Amazon also gave me them but nothing’s worked, it’s so frustrating 

muddyfunsta70

Just been reading up on the Alexa App linking to Spotify, lots of people saying it’s not very good anymore. Only 1.7 out of 5 rating now. I think I’ll be looking in to another external speaker device. Good luck with search.

Se para la reproduccion de la cancion pasado un tiempo. Tengo que darle al play para reanudar, antes no me pasaba