Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlists

Solved!

Playlists

Does anyone else have issue with playlists turning on the smart shuffle thing? I never use it I want to listen to the music I put in the Playlist not other songs it thinks I'd like. Or the shuffle redoing mid song even tho I'm not refreshing it and playing songs like twice even tho there's only one in my Playlist? I love spotify it's great but it's getting pretty annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @BellaLillard,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Take into account that if you have normal Shuffle enabled, you must tap the Shuffle button once, which will enable Smart Shuffle, and then tap it again to go back to normal playback. More info about how this works can be found here.

Now, if Smart Shuffle is turning on by itself, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. You won't lose any saved content, but you might need to download your offline music again. If that doesn't help, let us know if this happens on all playlists or just your Liked songs.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @BellaLillard,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Take into account that if you have normal Shuffle enabled, you must tap the Shuffle button once, which will enable Smart Shuffle, and then tap it again to go back to normal playback. More info about how this works can be found here.

Now, if Smart Shuffle is turning on by itself, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. You won't lose any saved content, but you might need to download your offline music again. If that doesn't help, let us know if this happens on all playlists or just your Liked songs.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts