Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Queue Order

Queue Order

Premium

US

iPhone 

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

When you used to queue a song, it would put that queued song as next on the list. Then, as you continue to queue songs, they would add to the list in that order, so the song you queued first would play first, the second song queued would play second, etc. Now, if you queued ten songs, the first song queued plays last. Is there a way I can change the queue settings to automatically have the song I queue first play first again? I know I can go through the list and manually change it, but when you’re in a car, on a bike ride, doing basically anything, you don’t really have the time to go through and change the order on every song. But as it is right now, I have to plan out all the songs I want to listen to, and then queue them in reverse order, which seems to defeat the purpose of queued songs. I understand Apple Music also has the feature, but you are allowed to choose if you want the song your adding to the queue to be at the top or the bottom of the list. So, how can I change my default setting to adding queued songs to the bottom of the list? Thanks!

6 Replies

Hey there @nikita_jacob21 , I can see how that would be a frustrating experience. Would it be possible for you to test this on any other devices, such as the desktop version of Spotify or the web player? Also, I would recommend performing a clean reinstall of your iOS app to see if that resolves the issue. It is also always possible that Spotify is testing something with the queue feature, but please let us know what you're able to determine by trying the suggestions I mentioned, so we can try to narrow down what may be happening with this.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having the same problem. Quite annoying, as since few decades of using different players with queue function it has always been so that the first queued song plays first, then second and the last one is last. That's how it has always been and how it should be. But now Spotify does it on reverse order at least on Android

And now that I have tried, removing and reinstalling the app on Android won't make any difference

Hey there @MiikaJH

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

The song you added more recently to the Queue should play first. 

If that's not how it works for you, would you mind sending us a screen recording so we can take a closer look, as we weren't able to replicate this situation on our end? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

What "queue" is that. Someone comes in line last and gets served first? A queue should work as the original post described. The songs should play in the same order as they were added to the queue. That's how it is in other players. This one is a "override" queue. For example if many people add songs to the queue the first one will never hear the song he/her added. This first come last served -order makes no sense.

Hey @MiikaJH

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. 

Check out this FAQ to learn more about it. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts