Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release times

Release times

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone & PC

Operating System

Windows 10 & iOs 14.4.2

My Question or Issue

Recently (either this Friday or last Friday) I've noticed that new releases are not showing up early on Friday morning. I used to wake up and be able to see new releases straight away. Has something changed to make new releases come out at the time they're released in their country of origin, i.e. if an American album comes out at midnight EST will I now not see it until 2:00pm AEST? 

3 Replies

Hey @TonyDZ, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Has this been happening to all album releases recently? If you know of another release, try reinstalling the app the day before or try using the Web Player and then check to see if you're able to see the release when you usually see them.

If that doesn't help, let me know the make and model of your device, and I'll take a closer look.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply Billy J. 

It is happening across all my devices (3 iPhones of different ages and 2 PCs). It seems to be only international releases that appear much later in the day, so I was just wondering if that’s what had changed, that the process changed to global release times rather than global release days. 

Hey @TonyDZ

When a certain song or album is made available on the Spotify catalog, it's dependent on a lot of factors, such as agreements with the artists and rights holders. Generally, the Release Radar updates every Friday, but Spotify can't set an exact time when the new entries will appear.

Hope this helps! I'll be here if you need help with anything else. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts