Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Sharing is closing Spotify Android

Sharing is closing Spotify Android

I always share tracks on Twitter and have been doing this for years. Today on both my android devices when I go to share and click on twitter the app closes. Is this a temporary glitch ? I have reinstalled Spotify but still have the same issue. Can anyone help?

11 Replies

Hey @Mountie31! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry, that this feature isn't working properly.

Please note that Spotify's working into it and an update should be out to fix it soon ^^

Peace

Yeah, I have the exact same problem, guess they will be fixing it soon.

I too am having the same issue. Hopefully fixed soon.

Also been having this issue since last night. Have uninstalled app twice and still crashing. 

I've never had that problem. Sometimes It takes rebooting your phone to get things working again. I just shared a couple tracks this week, had no problems.

Still happening . Anyone have any ideas why ?

• Still happening to me.

Mine is the same, using Samsung S7. The workaround is installing Messenger Lite, but I don't like it! I want to use the full messenger app, I shouldn't have to use the Lite version. Hope this is fixed soon 😡

I don't use messenger just twitter and still happening...

This has been happening to me as well over the past week since the last spotify update on android galaxy s8 plus. I chatted with IT and they said they're working on a fix.

So far it's just my android devices if this helps. It works on all Microsoft machines. Tried this morning on the android devices and it still closes the app at the point that the menu choice of messenger options should come up. 

Suggested posts