Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Slade PLEASE!

Slade PLEASE!

Can you please get music from the 70's band Slade?  It's killing me not having it on spotify.

23 Replies

@JFGman

Hello:

That is one of the holdout artist's from adding their classic material to streaming services. Spotify users have been waiting on tender hooks if Def Leppard will ever add their classic material as well.

In the meantime this is the information that is suggested to be shared with other users:

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

I agree. I'm sure they're working on it. It would be nice to have Slade and Leppard from the 80s/90s and today. I think they should also add Saga albums from the 70s-90s

Also Skrewdriver please. Good band (not because of their messages in their songs, just a big punk rock fan)

Please add Slade as soon as possible !!

Add Slade!

Please add Slade, its been so many years waiting now.

Still no Slade?! Yet they are on Google Play so they do stream. Thinking of changing as they seem to have a better selection of artists that I want. 

Agree!  Where is Slade and why are you holding out on us?

@tuxtoth @Tysonbeerhound

Spotify tries really hard to get music available on their service, but in the end the availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

This thread by Spotify staff explains why some music is not available:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I figured it was a matter of copyright etc. maybe Spotify can work something out?

Not sure who owns their music but come on Noddy, Jim, Dave and Don help make it happen, you have a duty to share

I was to a Slade concert in Silkeborg Denmark on October 6. 2017 and they are still Amazing...Please make it possible to listen to SLADE on Spotify. 

You have all of Sweet, T. Rex, Status Quo and much more from the 1970 ties so why not Slade???????????

Spotify we need Slade now find out who owns the rights to the songs

I believe Salvo is the label that reissues cds and deals with downloads and they are a part of BMG so it would be best to contact them if you want them on Spotify

http://www.salvo-music.co.uk/contact/contact.asp

Thank you. I think you have found the reason why there is no Slade on spotify.

I managed to get in contact with the main person on salvo’s page via email and it seems the mystery continues. By the looks of things Salvo/BMG do not own the digital rights so they can’t really help there. 

I honestly can’t think of who could own the digital rights though. The only other company I suspect that owns that is Whild John Music which is owned by Noddy Holder & Jim Lea but I can’t think anyway to contact the company apart from snail mail.

Edit: I just looked at Slades spotify page. According to the page they have over 1 million listeners!! Surely that’s more than enough for Spotify to look into getting them onto their service ( if they aren’t already trying of course).

Yeah, pre racist Skrewdriver. They're first album is amazing!! Pure punk rock. 

GET SLADE ON SPOTIFY. BEEN WAITING YEARS MAN.....GLAD TO HEAR PEOPLE HAV GOT TASTE

Yes let’s get Slade on Spotify. Don’t know what the problem can be. They are on Amazon Music. 

Suggested posts