Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Super distracting moving/animated playlist icon

Super distracting moving/animated playlist icon

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.57.19 AM.png

It looks like Spotify decided to add animated green bars instead of track number. This is very annoying as animated things keep drawing my attention away from my work, I would like to turn that off.

It's not even a valid visualization of the current song, its just a looping image. Way annoying, any chance Spotify will let us disable that?

6 Replies

Hi there @hjyz5y2_-e58,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We're afraid it isn't possible to remove or disable that animation. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on the right teams.

Also, if you think other users would find this helpful too, we recommend adding that idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the opposite problem. My daughter really likes the animated equalizer bars icon but they don't work on her iPod anymore. We tried re-installing the application but it didn't fix the problem. She is using version 8.7.46.1678. My wife has the same version on her iPhone and the animated icon works correctly. Any thoughts how to fix the animated icon in the playlist?

Hey @dmusiclistener77,

Thanks for joining the thread!

In order for us to take a further look into this, we also need the iPod model and its iOS version.
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It is an iPad Touch 7th Generation running 15.5. Thanks for looking into this. She's very distraught. 🙂

Hey @dmusiclistener77,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you update the iPod to the most recent iOS version? At the time of writing this reply 15.6 should be it.

We can't promise this'll return the animation back, but it's worth a try.

Are there any options on the iPod to enable background refresh for Spotify like on an iPhone? More on that here.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello I have the same problem with the equalizer bars not moving while playing a music, my device is iphone 11 and my friend has an iphone 12 with same version of ios and spotify like my device, but the equalizer bars is working for him. Any thoughts how to fix that problem??

Suggested posts