Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Take off R.Kelly Please!!

Solved!

Take off R.Kelly Please!!

Sony has already split with him as of today and your corporation continues to play his music. He is a disgrace to the music industry and is shown to be a predator. Please take him off Spotify. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A short-term solution is to "block" the artist music from playing for you on Spotify (unfortunately, this does not count any tracks that artist may be feautured in).

On the mobile app, go to the Artist page and click the (...) in the top-right and then select "Don't play this artist".

It's not completely removing them from the platform, but it's a start in limiting their exposure 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Just to clarify, if the artist you block is on any playlists you may follow or would naturally appear in another artist's radio, the blocked artist will flat out not play. Their music will be skipped, meaning they don't get those streams 😉

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there,
I agree with you! I think Spotify should take down his music, since other artists have been doing the same thing. Also, you are not the only one in the Spotify community that has mentioned this before.
try contacting spotify, or put this on the ideas page to get people to like this, so it will be implemented and solved!

Spotify makes it so hard for people to contact a PERSON or anyone. Even their Facebook messenger doesn't have a real person answering anything. 

That just takes you to the privacy setting. I notice on the ideas board there is not a place to make a suggestion. 

@jenn78ifer,
I agree- this should be addressed that there isn't any place to contact spotify. I found this link to log into your account, and you can live chat spotify.
https://accounts.spotify.com/en/login/?continue=http:%2F%2Fsupport.spotify.com%2Fus%2Fcontact-spotif...

Agree completely take off R. Kelly.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4zyGw5rzz9Nk2LVI5QR0iU?si=4m4Kec8SQ-uBk6TCTgu7_g

On a more positive note, check out our new single.  Franky is married with children and actually delivers good messages in his songs.

Marked as solution

A short-term solution is to "block" the artist music from playing for you on Spotify (unfortunately, this does not count any tracks that artist may be feautured in).

On the mobile app, go to the Artist page and click the (...) in the top-right and then select "Don't play this artist".

It's not completely removing them from the platform, but it's a start in limiting their exposure 🙂

Marked as solution

Just to clarify, if the artist you block is on any playlists you may follow or would naturally appear in another artist's radio, the blocked artist will flat out not play. Their music will be skipped, meaning they don't get those streams 😉

I agree, he already got dropped from his label, might as well get dropped from streaming.

Suggested posts