Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The Eagles

The Eagles

How come the songs of the band "The Eagles" is on spotify for little over a week, and then all of a sudden, they're all gone! What happened? Did spotify and the bad have some kind of disagreement`?

I want The Eagles back!!

7 Replies

Same happened with Pink Floyd. There wasn't any explination either! 😞 

I suspect it's a RIAA issue - Licesning of an artists published material. It would be very good if the crew over at Spotify would deign to answer this question. Frustrating that so many other classics are available, and then again others that round out a collection of must haves can only be filled by rip off tribute bands IMHO - talentless hacks .....

i like to see **bleep** Freezes Over and Long Road Out of Eden

I have been trying to find "Love will keep us alive". It was first performed in 1995. It's on 3 albums. I cross checked the album track list with the album track list for Spotify and on all 3 albums that song has been removed from Spotify. I believe the Eagles and Smhidt the guy who sang it had a fallen out, probably to do with Ego's. Does anyone know if it's on Spotify? The Eagle version, not some sing along version.

Hey @SondreSÅklart

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the response. It makes sense. From what I understand the
majority of the band had a fallen out with the member that performed it.

Same here on wanting Long Road Out Of Eden just talked to support about the issue. Liscenseing agreement expired or something like that. It is a really great album by them. In my opinion they sound just as good as they did for their previous albums.

Suggested posts