Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unrelated artists issues

Solved!

Unrelated artists issues

Hi, posting this here because I haven't heard from any staff.

Most of my related artists (well, now 1/3) are very similar to my style and are smaller underground names. I make melodic instrumental hip hop/electronic beats, like Flying Lotus or Hudson Mohawke.

However, my artist radio always plays the opposite, usually huge names like David Guetta, Pink Floyd, James Blake, Depeche Mode, Skrillex...

I have no clue why this is happening considering my individual song radios are playing related artists. It’s only when you use the main artist radio where everything is completely off. I’ve been added to at least 10 semi-big playlists (1,000-5,000 followers) since releasing my newest track a week ago, all which contain artists similar to me. More recently, I've been listed in a few blogs with artists similar to my style and a couple of college radio shows.

What's the reason for this happening and can it be fixed? When I check algorithm sites, I'm listed as being an artist of at least 6 unrelated genres. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @klmnzgo, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you contact our support team at Spotify for Artists. These folks are specializing in support for artist profiles and they'll be able to assist you more specifically with this issue.

You can reach them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @klmnzgo, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you contact our support team at Spotify for Artists. These folks are specializing in support for artist profiles and they'll be able to assist you more specifically with this issue.

You can reach them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts