Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When do new releases go up?

Solved!

When do new releases go up?

What is Spotify's method for making new releases available? It seems really hit or miss on Tuesdays (when most albums come out). Sometimes the album will be listed, but not available, sometimes there will not even be a listing for the album, and some are available right away in the morning. Most of the time, new albums are available right away on Tuesdays on services like Rdio and MOG, but Spotify seems to always lag behind and get some new albums later in the afternoon or a few days later. What gives?

Right now, I can listen to the new Aesop Rock on Rdio just fine. I can search for it and see the listing for it on Spotify, but it tells me that it's not available. Any chance Spotify is going to make sure new releases are up in a timely manner?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good question.  Basically, we're releasing new music every day, but the bulk are released every Friday. 

This uploading is done on US time, so when it appears on Spotify very much depends on which country you're in.

If you want to join our conversations about new releases, I can recommend a couple threads:

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

42 Replies
Marked as solution

Good question.  Basically, we're releasing new music every day, but the bulk are released every Friday. 

This uploading is done on US time, so when it appears on Spotify very much depends on which country you're in.

If you want to join our conversations about new releases, I can recommend a couple threads:

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That part of it makes sense, but are you guys OK with how long it takes to be able to listen to some releases on Spotify compared to other services?

Right now, it's 1:20pm Central time and I still can't listen to an album I've been anticipating on Spotify. I can listen to it for free on Rdio, and can buy it on iTunes or Amazon. And this isn't the first time something like this has happened. It seems like some album releases are available instantly, but others can take hours or days to become available to Spotify, when they're already available on other services. 

Don't get me wrong here, I love Spotify, and it's an amazing service. Waiting a few hours for a new album isn't that big of a deal, but it's just a bit of a bummer since Spotify is good in so many areas. Especially when other services are out there with the music I want to hear before Spotify has it.

The Aesop Rock album now on Spotify:

http://www.spotimy.co.uk/albumpage.php?album=5747

I still don't understand why channel ORANGE (Frank Ocean) is not uploaded on spotify yet even though all his other music is up... is it a licensing thing since he's on a major label now?

I can't hear with these clouds in my ears...

Frank Ocean is available everywhere except USA, it was added last Friday. Not sure why it's not been added for USA, usually down to record label decision/licensing.

http://www.spotimy.co.uk/albumpage.php?album=5770

Why isn't Paloma Faith's new album available? It's been out for a couple months now. I have Spotify premium and I've just been wondering about this. It's also listed but only one song is available for play..

New releases seem to be really late this week.  I was pleased with the last 2 weeks when they were available when other services had them, but this week we are back to waiting till probably mid-day in the US.  A bit frustrating.

As I Lay Dying? 

'Awakened'

I see new releases, but don't see this new album.

God Bless.

Just a thought, would it be possible to have an upload status so that users could look view in realtime the progress of songs that are being uploaded and ETA's for those waiting in the queue?

Not sure whether this is possible and what is required to do this but I'm sure users would certainly like this feature.

On another note, keep up the good work 🙂

Steve

I think there is no option to look at adding queue.

However some sites collect new releases.

http://www.freshspotify.com/music/

The Mac Demarco album '2' has been available for months on iTunes but no sign on Spotify. This is frustrating when you're checking out a new artist, you could be missing key releases without knowing it.

I can find this on my UK subscription, which country are you in? The situation with music availability is explained in this post.

Does anyobody know when Sammy Adams´new song LA Story will be upp? It was released on Itunes on tuesday. 

Seems to be available in UK Sammy Adams – L.A. Story

@jwylot wrote:

Seems to be available in UK Sammy Adams – L.A. Story

Just having a look into the catalogue, it appears to be available everywhere as far as I can see. What country are you in (try the link above first)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Looking for The Weatherman by Gregory Alan Isakov (released last week). Going to a show and can't listen as a Premium Member!

Maybe it isn't available in all countries yet. Does it come up if you click on this link?

The cover does! Official release date in the USA was Tuesday though. It's it available where you are, and how can I find out when that might be? Thank you! !

For the past 8 days I have daily checked for the new Eric Church album on Spotify (release date was last Tuesday). When will it be available?

Suggested posts