Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why is Sloppy Toppy Gone?

Solved!

Why is Sloppy Toppy Gone?

Although I am aware of the ongoing problems that you face with lawyers, artists, and label/record companies; I don’t quite see the reason for Travis Scott’s “Sloppy Toppy” to be removed. The song was on an album that has not been removed for Spotify so why was the song? It was one of my favorite songs and I’m sick and tired of having artists and songs that I love get removed. Although I know that something like that is out of Spotify’s control sometimes, I don’t think this was an instance of that. Please bring back Sloppy Toppy!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry about that, @lgranzier! I'm afraid I don't have anymore information - You'd have to speak with the artists distributor for information on this case 🙂 This is the first case of a single song being removed, but hey, licensing is complicated! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey Igranzier,

I'd love to help you here! As you said, there are a LOT of factors that go into providing music for Spotify users. I can assure you that Spotify's working constantly to add new music.

The best way to find out about why a song is missing is this wonderful article: https://support.spotify.com/article/content-missing/

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks for the article Tim. Although, I do appreciate your assistance, the article still doesn’t really answer my problem. It’s strange because the album on which the song Sloppy Toppy (ft. Migos and Peewee Longway) was apart of is still available on Spotify today. It’s called “Turn Up Da Block! Vol. 2.” My question is as to why Spotify would remove a single song off of an album, but still keep the album.

Marked as solution

Sorry about that, @lgranzier! I'm afraid I don't have anymore information - You'd have to speak with the artists distributor for information on this case 🙂 This is the first case of a single song being removed, but hey, licensing is complicated! 

Suggested posts