Why no TOOL (The band)

Solved!

Why no TOOL (The band)

Lestat77
Casual Listener

Hello everyone!!

Well I just recently discovered Spotify and would like to know if any of you can point me in the right direction here.  I need to know who do I bug to get them to add Tool to the artist list.  No songs of Tool nor any of their albums are available!!!  Probably one of the best HM bands out there and nothing on them.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

mrgsteele
Roadie

Not going to happen. Tool are anti music streaming services so you won't find them on Spotify, Apple Music or Tidal and probably never will. The best you can do is add any albums you own as local files into Spotify and sync them offline to your mobile devices. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

HTC
you do realise it's the stubbornness of Tool entirely, right?
Spotify - for sure - would pay them well to add their catalogue.

Well, it's stupidity what it is because any Tool song is available for ANYONE anyway on youtube etc.

I would understand the whole band's policy to make ppl buy the CD, preferably Vinyl, if it was the only access to their music.
Hardcore fans buy the vinyl anyway and adding it to strraming services additionally would only get more people to enjoy real music. They would do the world a favor and themselves as well.

View solution in original post

131 Replies

architeg
Casual Listener

I think Lateralus is the best Tool album. Really love its cover design and I even got their album cover poster - looks amazing on the wall! (and trippy though 🙂

https://www.architeg-prints.com/product/tool-lateralus-album-cover-poster-print

Mockup 2.jpg

brainmclain
Visitor

When did Tool become available?  I had stopped looking for it years ago, but now I see it is there.

TreyAnastasio
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Tool's discography became available on Spotify on August 2nd (except for their newest album Fear Inoculum, which was released on August 30th)

TreyAnastasioRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Jarmin91
Visitor

Hi

In the event you would still see this result you’ll be pleased to know Tool are now part of the Spotify family!

i’ve tried to have a look into what made them change their position but have no luck so far!

LOLHICRONO
Casual Listener

I mean...it's quite obviously to coincidence with the release of the new album.

Petya
Community Legend

Hey all,

We're happy there's so much interest in TOOL's discography on Spotify!

This is now available and is so since the 2nd of August 2019. 

Happy listening!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

borderline
Regular
There is a limited edition version in the UK its 80/90 quid or you can get Spotify or buy it separately from Google music for about 9£ in the UK

Get Outlook for Android

ChristopherWhit
Casual Listener

Well they have a new album and tour to promote. Principles be damned in the quest for more money.

offacough
Casual Listener

SHUT UP AND BUY MY NEW RECORD

SEND MORE MONEY

F*** YOU BUDDY

Msharp79
Casual Listener

@offacough wrote:

SHUT UP AND BUY MY NEW RECORD

SEND MORE MONEY

F*** YOU BUDDY

Was this directed at me? I was just trying to show my support for an artist that I’m not really “Paying” to hear there music. Even though I’ve Bought every tool CD at least twice because they would always get stolen.  I was going to tell you some S*** But then I looked you up on Twitter and I like your beliefs so instead I started following you! 

NeoDolf
Music Fan
Um, this is a line from the "Hooker with a **bleep**" song from Ænima...pretty
sure this was not directed at anybody...

Msharp79
Casual Listener
**bleep**, my bad I’ so STUPID! 🙂 It’s been so long since I listened to Tool because all of my CDs have been stolen and I couldn’t stream them! LOL

ChristopherWhit
Casual Listener

However where is Salival?

phischphood
Casual Listener

They have finally joined!

offacough
Casual Listener

We are on the eve of great things. At some point on 8/2/2019, the entire Tool catalog goes streaming and digital download. 

I strongly suggest playing "Hooker with a **bleep**" over and over again so that it trends on Spotify. 

Learn to swim, my brother. 

Lingkxs
Casual Listener

Listening as I speak. 👍

BenJB4386
Casual Listener

Finally!

BenJB4386
Casual Listener
Finally!

steeag
Composer