Why no TOOL (The band)

Solved!
Solution!

Re: Why no TOOL (The band)

HTC
you do realise it's the stubbornness of Tool entirely, right?
Spotify - for sure - would pay them well to add their catalogue.

Well, it's stupidity what it is because any Tool song is available for ANYONE anyway on youtube etc.

I would understand the whole band's policy to make ppl buy the CD, preferably Vinyl, if it was the only access to their music.
Hardcore fans buy the vinyl anyway and adding it to strraming services additionally would only get more people to enjoy real music. They would do the world a favor and themselves as well.

ChukusMooticus
Casual Listener
And also on Google Play Music?
So much for hating streaming their music...

k_dither
Roadie

MasterBleepBoop
Casual Listener

this has bothered me for the longest time and i totally respect why they are doing it , but at the same time , i would love to add their entire catelogue to my playlists with ease..

k_dither
Roadie

@masterbleepboop you still can if you have the tool albums. link spotify to local music on your computer and add the tool albums. Works in offline mode too

brentb9193
Music Fan

But you can't make a library consisting of both local and streaming, which sucks.

k_dither
Roadie

I just did to double check and it definitely worked

- Added local file to a playlist

- downloaded playlist onto phone

- set offline and track was there

didnt have the track on my phone prior and the tool song is the only one thats a local file

Screenshot_20170404-092629.png

Buzzkill38

Pino667tnotb
I'm a spotify user. And I pay for it. It's awesome to find good bands you would never know to exist if not for spotify/lastfm. But I respect bands that don't tag along with free streaming. I still buy albums I like. Support the bands. If I someday make an album, I would also like to get paid for it. In my life, me and my parents spent a lot of money on my music education and instruments. It is more than normal to get some back for all the effort. A carpenter also gets paid for the tables and stairs he makes. Why should music and movies be different? The only bad thing is all those leaches like SABAM and other outsiders that steal from the consumers. Anyhow, support your locals!!! They can be great if you, the listeners/fans/friends, support them.

Cloudynick
Roadie

If Spotify would add Tool, it'd probably be one heck of a party. I'm sure Spotify has asked them to add their music, let alone at least attempt to have them look into it. Tool is possibly one of the most influencal bands I know with alternative metal and good rock. Would love to hear them on my playlist however they are known for not really allowing their music to be on itunes, etc.

SUGGESTED POSTS