Why no TOOL (The band)

Solved!
8 people liked this

Why no TOOL (The band)

Music Lover
‎2016-09-06 06:44 PM

Hello everyone!!

Well I just recently discovered Spotify and would like to know if any of you can point me in the right direction here.  I need to know who do I bug to get them to add Tool to the artist list.  No songs of Tool nor any of their albums are available!!!  Probably one of the best HM bands out there and nothing on them.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
7 people liked this

Re: Why no TOOL (The band)

Garage Band
‎2016-09-06 09:21 PM

Not going to happen. Tool are anti music streaming services so you won't find them on Spotify, Apple Music or Tidal and probably never will. The best you can do is add any albums you own as local files into Spotify and sync them offline to your mobile devices. 

19 people liked this

HTC
Music Lover
‎2017-03-22 08:09 PM
you do realise it's the stubbornness of Tool entirely, right?
Spotify - for sure - would pay them well to add their catalogue.

Well, it's stupidity what it is because any Tool song is available for ANYONE anyway on youtube etc.

I would understand the whole band's policy to make ppl buy the CD, preferably Vinyl, if it was the only access to their music.
Hardcore fans buy the vinyl anyway and adding it to strraming services additionally would only get more people to enjoy real music. They would do the world a favor and themselves as well.
58 Replies
7 people liked this

Garage Band
‎2016-09-06 09:21 PM

Not going to happen. Tool are anti music streaming services so you won't find them on Spotify, Apple Music or Tidal and probably never will. The best you can do is add any albums you own as local files into Spotify and sync them offline to your mobile devices. 

2 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2016-09-07 12:24 AM

As Rolling Stone point out, yes, Tool is among the "10 Biggest Artists That Refuse to Stream their Music".

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/artists-refuse-stream-music-20150102

1 person liked this

Garage Band
‎2016-09-08 12:26 AM

They hate music streaming services. Buy their CD's or vinyl.

5 people liked this

Roadie
‎2016-11-18 05:25 PM

So then why are they on Pandora?

2 people liked this

Edited
Music Fan
‎2017-01-12 06:52 AM
Exactly my thoughts... why are they on Pandora? I don't see why ALL artists don't just give in, it's the way of the future after all.
3 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-01-14 09:30 AM

Thing is, they're not on Spotify but A Perfect Circle and Puscifer are so...**bleep**?

3 people liked this

Garage Band
‎2017-01-14 10:24 AM

Pandora is radio and is governed by different laws than on demand streaming services like Spotify. It's those laws that let Pandora play pretty much whatever it wants just like traditional radio stations can.

4 people liked this

Gig Goer
‎2017-02-06 07:04 AM
That's what makes me angry, they have Puscifer and A Perfect Circle? Why not Tool? What is the difference. Most people nowadays listen to music through Spotify, Pandora, and other streaming services. Not many are out there buying CD's still. I don't see why they don't just give in. Ya know?

Gig Goer
‎2017-03-12 06:04 PM
I feel the same too!!! :( I like Tool
SUGGESTED POSTS