Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[iOS][Browse] Explicit content full block

[iOS][Browse] Explicit content full block

Hello! My parents don’t let me listen to explicit content on songs, so I turned explicit content off on Spotify. Even though I did this songs that have explicit content still pop up in my recommendations and radios. Would it be possible to not even show songs that have explicit content when explicit content is turned off?

3 Replies

Hi there @vkgcmvybapiydaq,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We moved your post from Ideas to a relevant Help board where it fits better.

Just to confirm, are the songs that are popping up in your playlists tagged as explicit (they have an E next to their title), or they just don't have the tag?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi! They are tagged, but I would like them to not show up (like in my recommendations and radios) if I have explicit content off.

Hi @vkgcmvybapiydaq,

Thank you for your reply!

If you're playing music using a connect device such as a speaker, explicit content may be played during shuffle mode, because the speaker sends direct requests for the next track in the playlist, and cannot have explicit filtering enabled on itself. 

However, if you're having this issue while playing in only one device, then we suggest you run a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, please let us know the make, model, OS version of your device, as well as the Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts