Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any updates on the DISCOVER tab?

Solved!

Any updates on the DISCOVER tab?

Hey guys, so I scrolled down a little bit and I shuffled through a few of the pages on the thread that was revolving around the DISCOVER tab Spotify offered on it's desktop application. 

1. I'm still not finding DISCOVER anywhere on my desktop app and it's a little frustrating. 

2. However, it's perfectly accessible on my mobile device (iPhone 5S). Lately I've been accessing DISCOVER through my phone but overall this isn't exactly convenient. Having the ability to physically scroll through suggested options on the desktop computer was extremely helpful.

3. I was wondering if anyone had any updates on where we stand with the DISCOVER option via desktop? I know a lot of us kind of wish it would come back and I've been waiting on it for a while now. I wouldn't post if I wasn't worried staff wouldn't code it back into the application.

I guess overall I'm not "mad" mad that DISCOVER isn't an option on the desktop application anymore, it's just frustrating because it was honestly such an attractive feature about Spotfiy. I'm always interested in new music and there have been times that Spofify's suggested grade-A artists and songs that have hit the spot. I'm happy I can still access it via my phone but I'm hoping that the option will return to the desktop application

Any ideas on what's up? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the community!

You can access the discover tab on desktop with these steps:

- First, go to the "Browse" tab on the side bar, it's the first item on the list.
desk1.jpg

- Then, click on the "Discover" tab on the page that opens.
desk2.jpg

There you go! I hope this was what you were looking for ;D

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community 🙂

Discover means on the Desktop app "Browse" 🙂 There you can find the same playlists and whatever like on your ios device 🙂

If i didn't helped you please reply so i can continue my research.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

I know what the Discover tab is... I've used it for quite a while. I'm saying that it's not accessible on the desktop version of Spotfiy and hasn't been for a while. 

I was asking if there had been any updates on it or if anyone knew if it was going to be coded back into the desktop application at all

Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the community!

You can access the discover tab on desktop with these steps:

- First, go to the "Browse" tab on the side bar, it's the first item on the list.
desk1.jpg

- Then, click on the "Discover" tab on the page that opens.
desk2.jpg

There you go! I hope this was what you were looking for ;D

Thank you Rodluizpant 😄

that was the thing i was talking about 😄

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Annoyingly the DISCOVER tab no longer exists on my desktop client - it used to, but alas is no more. Which is a great shame as I used to use it a lot.

SpotifyScreenshot.png

Spotify have removed it for some users as part of a test. See this topic for details and discussion:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Discovery-tab-has-disappeared-from-Client...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ahh! thanks for the link - that would explain it.

I'd prefer to have the DISCOVER back as it would generally show music I actually want to listen to as opposed to things being marketed 🙂

Thanks again.

Suggested posts