Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank window after installing

Solved!

Blank window after installing

Just installed on Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and it's not loading one bit, just sits there as a blank window.

Terminal outputs this when trying to run Spotify:

mkdir: cannot create directory '/run/user/0': Permission denied
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Documents': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Desktop': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Downloads': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Music': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Pictures': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Videos': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/root/snap/spotify/16/snap/spotify/16/Templates': No such file or directory
No protocol specified

(spotify:8580): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I initally used the snap install spotify method, which had problems. I just tried the debian installation since it said it was better at supporting the LTS versions of Ubuntu and it worked.

https://www.spotify.com/us/download/linux/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Mine was fine until today. I launch and get a blank window as well.

I have Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and the latest Spotify snap package installed.

oddly I get a different error:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
[0613/133107.172894:ERROR:gl_context_glx.cc(227)] Couldn't make context current with X drawable.
[0613/133107.172927:ERROR:gpu_info_collector.cc(62)] gl::GLContext::MakeCurrent() failed
[0613/133114.062826:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
Marked as solution

I initally used the snap install spotify method, which had problems. I just tried the debian installation since it said it was better at supporting the LTS versions of Ubuntu and it worked.

https://www.spotify.com/us/download/linux/

Same issue on openSUSE except the debian packages aren't an option for me. Strange (but not exactly shocking from what I've seen) that this issue has persisted since mid-June.

Suggested posts