Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend activity tab does not collapse/minimize

Solved!

Friend activity tab does not collapse/minimize

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Fedora, running Spotify version 1.1.72.439.gc253025e (via snapd)

My Question or Issue

The Friend activity tab seems to have changed recently. It now very much insist on me login into Facebook, and since I have not it does not collapse. The tab isn't too bad when running the application in fullscreen/big window, but it doesn't collapse/minimize when the application window is made smaller so it ends up making the application navigation quite bad when minimizing it (ie. making the windows small to keep it besides other applications). There doesn't seem to be any settings to hide the friends tab or opt out of Facebook login.

I'm running Spotify desktop from Snapd (Ubuntu «Snappy»: https://snapcraft.io/spotify), currently on version 1.1.72.439.gc253025e

Screenshot from 2021-12-19 13-52-07.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!
I'm not running Spotify on that OS, but it took me longer than I'd admit to realize that this setting was simply "See what your friends are playing" in the 'Display' part of the settings.
So I'm leaving that here just in case, otherwise good luck with your trouble!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!
I'm not running Spotify on that OS, but it took me longer than I'd admit to realize that this setting was simply "See what your friends are playing" in the 'Display' part of the settings.
So I'm leaving that here just in case, otherwise good luck with your trouble!

That did solve it!

I believe the panel used to default to listening feeds for non-Facebook people you were following, but that the UI also have changed since that panel used to disappear when the window size got small enough.

Suggested posts