Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How update Spotify or know the latest version? linux mint

Solved!

How update Spotify or know the latest version? linux mint

I'm using Linux mint and since I installed Spotify (two months ago) I don't think it's updated. It's my first time using Linux so I don't know how to check for updates or just know if I have the latest version available. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I saw some other replies within recent days where other people have the same version you have! I think you should be up to date.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

My version for iOS is currently version 8.5.78, and this was updated one week ago. I hope this helps, but I'm sure there are different versions for each. I can try to help you look for the most recent version for Linux though!

Thanks for the response. In the settings section I found this info: 1.1.42.622.gbd112320. I suppose that is the version I have.

Marked as solution

I saw some other replies within recent days where other people have the same version you have! I think you should be up to date.

Hey @nam14 

This version you have is the current latest version of Spotify.

Looking at Snap, this came out on Sept 24th, so just recently.

As of updating this, I simply recommend updating your system from time to time. When there is a new Spotify version available, it will get installed along with other updates.

Your system will ask you to update from time to time anyway. 🙂

Also - unless you check what packages can be upgraded in Terminal, or observe the updating process (also in Terminal), it's hard to notice Spotify has or is being updated. I only noticed it yesterday that my Spotify has updated. 😄

Note - Spotify for Linux is not updated nearly as frequently as Spotify for Windows or Mac, or the mobile clients. The reason is that Linux is not an officially supported platform and the Spotify for Linux app is a labor of love by the Spotify devs.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If the version does not appear in settings in Linux, you can run "spotify --version" from the terminal.  Currently my version is 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60

If you have installed Spotify through flatpak, you can use the following command to check the version:

flatpak run com.spotify.Client --version

This should give you a output like this:

[spotifywm] attached to spotify
Spotify version 1.1.72.439.gc253025e, Copyright (c) 2021, Spotify Ltd

Hope this helps!

For those that have the debian/ubuntu package, you can check the installed version in the terminal with the following command:

dpkg -l | grep spotify-client

To check the latest available version for your computer architecture, you should be able to find it here:

https://repository-origin.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/

Suggested posts