Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux, Debian 9, Error code 2, Service is temporary unavailable.

Solved!

Linux, Debian 9, Error code 2, Service is temporary unavailable.

Plan

Premium

Country

US, Arizona

Device

Personal Desktop

Operating System

Linux Debian 9

My Question or Issue

I can't login to my Spotify desktop app. I get error code 2, "service is temporarily unavailable".

Troubleshooting

1. I can play spotify on this same computer using https://play.spotify.com/ indicating there is no network issue.

2. I can play spotify on multiple different computers within the same home network, no proxy, nothing special

3. I can install/launch the spotify desktop application so dependencies seems to be installed.

4. Reinstalled, didn't work

5. Adding 8.8.8.8 to DNS servers didn't work

6. Changing the proxy to "none" didn't work

7. Running: "spotify --ap=194.132.196.162" didn't work

Anyone got any ideas? I'm about to give up on Spotify. I have spent hours on this...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

is anything being printed if you run spotify from the command line? See advanced troubleshooting step 4 here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux/Troubleshooting-Linux-Spotify/td-p/1192307

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

is anything being printed if you run spotify from the command line? See advanced troubleshooting step 4 here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux/Troubleshooting-Linux-Spotify/td-p/1192307

Thanks for the reply!

Output from running

spotify >$HOME/spotify-dump.txt 2>&1

:cat spotify-dump.txt

ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
[0313/214738.159697:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(379)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[0313/214740.500913:ERROR:input_method_base.cc(146)] Not implemented reached in virtual ui::InputMethodKeyboardController *ui::InputMethodBase::GetInputMethodKeyboardController()Using InputMethodKeyboardControllerStub

Any idea what that means?

for what it's worth, I run on Debian 9 as well and receive "ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment." but it does not seem to cause any issues.

From googling around on the other two lines, it looks like they're relatively common (and possibly process-crash-inducing) issues with Chromium on some Desktop Environments - which DE (or WM if no DE) are you using?  Spotify is built on the Chromium Embedded Framework, so Chromium issues should be relevant

Full warning, I'm not a spotify employee - just trying to help out while I was here to ask something else 😃

After finally getting back to this issue, it's working all the sudden. I didn't change any settings or configurations. So I'm at a loss for why it's working, but am glad it is. I would imagine that the original advanced Linux troubleshooting steps you provided did something....

Thanks either way!

Suggested posts