Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Solved!
Reply
1 person liked this

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Edited
Roadie
‎2016-04-07 10:46 AM

 

If anyone want to downgrade to the previous 0.9.17.8 version, follow this guide:

 

https://github.com/olejon/spotcommander/wiki/DowngradeSpotify

 

My problem with the v 1.0 version is that they have broken the D-Bus MPRIS implementation. I am unable to get PlaybackStatus (times out), and OpenUri is broken.

 

Please fix @jooon !

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!
1 person liked this

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Community Legend
‎2016-04-07 02:26 PM

olejon wrote:

 

 

 

My problem with the v 1.0 version is that they have broken the D-Bus MPRIS implementation. I am unable to get PlaybackStatus (times out), and playing a URI that is not a track (album, artist, etc.) only opens it, it doesn't start to play.

 

Please fix @jooon !


 

Hey @olejon,

 

I posted a workaround for the autoplay issue here.

uri=spotify:album:4sb0eMpDn3upAFfyi4q2rw # We are going to use this variable to access the metadata for the album.
song=$(curl -G "http://ws.spotify.com/lookup/1/?uri=$uri&extras=track" | grep -E -o "spotify:track:[a-zA-Z0-9]+" -m 1) # Get the first track of the Album. We are going to use this variable in next line.
dbus-send  --print-reply --session --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.Pause && dbus-send  --print-reply --session --type=method_call --dest=org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2 org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player.OpenUri "string:$song" 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?



Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Casual Listener
‎2016-04-07 03:35 PM

Hello everyone! 
I am using the official Spotify client for Ubuntu 15. I can't seem to find the "Play in Offline" toggle.
Is this not included in the linux client?

Cheers

Highlighted
3 people liked this

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Community Legend
‎2016-04-07 03:38 PM

 


Mongolasse wrote:

Hello everyone! 
I am using the official Spotify client for Ubuntu 15. I can't seem to find the "Play in Offline" toggle.
Is this not included in the linux client?

Cheers



Hey @Mongolasse,

 

This is known issue! For now, you can toggle "Play in Offline' by starting Spotify in the terminal via the following command:

 

spotify --ap=127.0.0.1

 

 

 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?



Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Casual Listener
‎2016-04-07 03:54 PM
Thanks a lot! Stupid question, but this will revert back if I restart Spotify? :)

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Community Legend
‎2016-04-07 04:29 PM

Hey @Mongolasse,

 

Yes it will, but you can create bash ( or I can create one for you ) script and start Spotify this way all the time : )

 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?



Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Casual Listener
‎2016-04-07 04:33 PM
Thanks a lot for the quick help! :)

No need to make it a bash, I am only using it once in a while, its just good to know that I still have to possibility to do it..

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Edited
Roadie
‎2016-04-07 05:40 PM

 

@Dreadlord Yeah, that's a possibility, using the web API, but it still is too bad that it at least can not work as before. I wish the other stuff listed (MPRIS) could work as well, so I don't have to use PulseAudio commands to control Spotify's volume (only), keyboard button simulation to toggle shuffle/repeat etc. Would be really great if we could get Position, Seek etc. as well.

 

Pretty sure I could work around this particular issue using only D-Bus when I tried when the beta was released without any web requests etc., but can't seem to find the combination of commands now. It was a weird one...

 

EDIT: Turns out that was just the workaround to play a new track, pausing the currently playing one before using OpenUri on a new one. Anyway your workaround only plays the album. No way to play an artist.

 

I have no idea, but I can not imagine it would be too hard to implement at least what we had before. There seems to be many people using D-Bus, after all Linux users love to make scripts and do a lot of cool stuff with it.

 

 

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Music Fan
‎2016-04-08 01:13 AM

After the latest update, my Spotify client starts in full screen.

Re: Linux Spotify client 1.x now in stable

Community Legend
‎2016-04-08 08:47 AM

olejon wrote:

 

@Dreadlord Yeah, that's a possibility, using the web API, but it still is too bad that it at least can not work as before. I wish the other stuff listed (MPRIS) could work as well, so I don't have to use PulseAudio commands to control Spotify's volume (only), keyboard button simulation to toggle shuffle/repeat etc. Would be really great if we could get Position, Seek etc. as well.

 

Pretty sure I could work around this particular issue using only D-Bus when I tried when the beta was released without any web requests etc., but can't seem to find the combination of commands now. It was a weird one...

 

EDIT: Turns out that was just the workaround to play a new track, pausing the currently playing one before using OpenUri on a new one. Anyway your workaround only plays the album. No way to play an artist.

 

I have no idea, but I can not imagine it would be too hard to implement at least what we had before. There seems to be many people using D-Bus, after all Linux users love to make scripts and do a lot of cool stuff with it.

 

 


You can adjust the workaround to play an artist. I made it long ago for a guy that wanted to autoplay an album. :)

A quick note is that we are looking for fixed MPRIS2 support in next build. : - )

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?



SUGGESTED POSTS