Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linux: spotify-1.0.31 segfault when using alsa (without pulseaudio).

Solved!

Linux: spotify-1.0.31 segfault when using alsa (without pulseaudio).

I and some are experiencing Spotify segfault when using it on alsa (without pulseaudio) on Gentoo.

More detailed information here, including a strace file.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found and fixed the problem. Hopefully it can be released when 1.0.32 goes out.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

1.0.32.94 is out in testing now, fixing this bug

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Thanks for the report.

Like someone suggested in the thread, we have had problems with our alsa code before and reading your bug thread, it feels very likely, there are still bugs left. Especially since the problem doesn't show up with pulseaudio.

Do you remember if Spotify 1.0.29 (the previous testing release) also segfaulted?

I will try to recreate the problem with 1.0.31, alsa, linux 4.6.

Hi,

Spotify 1.0.29 was working very well, not segfaulted at all. Indeed I used the current version for a while before it beging to segfault.

Thanks!

I'm facing the same issue. I'm on arch linux with Linux 4.6.2 and alsa 1.1.1. Spotify 1.0.29.92 works fine.

Same on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with LTSEnablementStack (Linux 4.4.0-24-generic, alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4).

I have managed to reproduce it as well, which means we are closer to be able to fix this.

Marked as solution

I found and fixed the problem. Hopefully it can be released when 1.0.32 goes out.

Many thanks! 

Marked as solution

1.0.32.94 is out in testing now, fixing this bug

Thanks, fixed for me. 😄

This issue has returned for me with Spotify 1.1.5-r1.  I'm running on Gentoo, ALSA-only (no Pulseaudio).  Spotify segfaults as soon as I try to play anything.

Suggested posts