Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smart or dynamic playlists

Solved!

Smart or dynamic playlists

Hi, is it possible to have a dynamic playlist that maybe change the content on a few rules?

A really simple example would be to have a playlist that automatically add all songs from a chosen artist if there is new ones instead of adding them for yourself so you always have the latest songs from that artist.

There is a lot of ideas on playlist I want to have and this don't need to be very advanced. For me it should be enough with if you could add or exclude artists, tracks, albums, genres and so on.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is quite unlikely that there will be advanced functionality like this added to the different clients. It is however possible to do some of this with the Spotify Web API.

Paul Lamere, a developer at Spotify has built a prototype of these kinds of things and called it Smarter Playlists:

http://smarterplaylists.playlistmachinery.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

It is quite unlikely that there will be advanced functionality like this added to the different clients. It is however possible to do some of this with the Spotify Web API.

Paul Lamere, a developer at Spotify has built a prototype of these kinds of things and called it Smarter Playlists:

http://smarterplaylists.playlistmachinery.com/

Hi and thanks!

I have seen this but didn't got it to work. It is probably just me that didn't understand how it worked. Do you know how it works?

I just tried to make one playlist with just one artist (Magnus Carlson) so I should have also all new tracks when they was added. Thought this would be an easy test I used two "blocks", one for the artist and also a "shuffle block" for this short test but I failed... 😞

Not sure either. I can run some of the programs listed in the imports, but if I use artist tracks as a source, nothing happens when I run the program.

I tried to build a program that had Artist Tracks as a source with Magnus Carlsson as an artist, then sort that by album date and save to a playlist with the name Magnus Carlsson and also de-dup tracks from that playlist and then schedule the program to run once a week. That would try to add new tracks once a week from that artist. In theory.

Suggested posts