Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[issue] Can't play current track // can't write to stream, Connection terminated

Solved!

[issue] Can't play current track // can't write to stream, Connection terminated

Hi,

Since last updates, Spotify is stopping play music after a while, displaying that message: "Can't play current track".

So, I run it on CLI to check out the log (it's below attached) in order to see what's happening and, once Spotify begins to fail, log says:

13:38:12.175 E [audio_driver_pulseaudio.cpp:326 ] can't write to stream, Connection terminated

The fun part is that, it begins to fail whenever Spotify wants, that means: sometimes after playing 5s, after 15s, after a couple of songs.... undetermined.

I've attempted to reinstall Spotify, to reinstall pulseaudio, switch between testing-stable versions... same error.

My settings are:

OS: Linux xubuntu 4.2.0-35-generic x86_64 (running with VirtualBox 5.0.16, host Windows 7 Pro SP1)

spotify-client 1:1.0.25.127.g58007b4c-22

pulseaudio 1:6.0-0ubuntu13

Check out the log for further info.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Me again: I think I've achieve it.

Nothing to do with Spotify.

But, just for the record, if it helps somebody: It seems it was a pulseaudio drivers problems. As I was running Xubuntu under VirtualBox, I had the latter updated to its last version, but you need as well to update Guest Additions (they're provided by VirtualBox itself), a set of drivers to make work the guest machine.

So, add the Guest Additions virtual drive or download it here, run the tools and that's all.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Me again: I think I've achieve it.

Nothing to do with Spotify.

But, just for the record, if it helps somebody: It seems it was a pulseaudio drivers problems. As I was running Xubuntu under VirtualBox, I had the latter updated to its last version, but you need as well to update Guest Additions (they're provided by VirtualBox itself), a set of drivers to make work the guest machine.

So, add the Guest Additions virtual drive or download it here, run the tools and that's all.

Good luck!

Suggested posts