Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

MacBook Pro 16 inch (2019)

Operating System

macOS 11.5.2

My Question or Issue

My account name seems to be truncated in the top right of the macOS app. My name has 18 characters (including spaces) and is truncated at the 13th character. There seems to be enough space, as seen in the screenshot.

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-01 om 09.06.47.png
2 Replies

Hi there @dylanvdbrink!

Hope you're having a great day so far! 🙂 

As we can see, the account profile name box has a fixed width, so if your name exceeds this max width, it'll be automatically truncated.

Also, if you want to share this idea here in the Community, feel free to start by creating a new idea here, then users can adding their +VOTE. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it's for the idea to be implemented. Spotify always takes new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more about how ideas work.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, feel free to share them with us!

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Mateus,

Always a great day, hope you're having one too!

Thank you for your reply and the check in the source. I can understand that it you have to deal with a lot of different screen sizes and because of that the app needs to be responsive. Though a flex width would be more correct in my (partially biased) opinion because there is enough space and I think my name is not even one of the longer names possible.

Very small issue btw, love the desktop app.

Best regards,

Dylan van den Brink

Suggested posts